This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen broke on first drop

kangkan
Star III

Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: On
========================================
So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.
I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
kangkan
  1. Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: On

So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.

I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

Asus does NOT cover that kind of damage in their warranty for very good reasons. When it comes to drops, it really depends on how lucky you get. Glass is glass, no amount of strenghening will make it less crackable, only more scratch resistant.
The screens from Asus are excellent, being huge and having great color coverage so obviously repair won't be cheap. Sadly you have to bite the sour apple and move on. However I can help you in 1 regard, I have borderline Linus hands, My asus got dropped roughly 10 times by now in only 1.5months, however it never broke because I got a flip cover. It protects the phone greatly, same with my Razer phone which i dropped thousands of times and nothing ever happened.

hermantan89
Rising Star I
kangkan
  1. Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: On

Do you need a help? Your screen is broken, PLEASE bring it to our office center. we will fix it. And if you need it this phone as soon as possible, we can offer a replacement device for you. So, you will have 2 ROG Phone 3 phones, so if you drop the one, you still still have one 🙂
Regarding the weak screens on ROG Phone 2 & 3, of course we will fix this in our ROG Phone IV (new series) We plan to use gorilla glass 7 for it. So make sure you have them too.