cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working.

Model Name: ASUS ZenFone 5 (ZE620KL)
Firmware Version: PPR1.180610.099.WW_Phone-16.0615.2006.131
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Today (morning)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
========================================
From todays morning I am unable to use my mobile data. The messege that pops up say, that this SIM Card can be only connected to 4G. I am sure that I didn't update anything during the night and that yesterday everything was working properly.
I tried everything I could find. Reset the APN, manually input the APN of my internet provider, reset Wi-Fi, data and bluetooth option, restart the phone multiple times, remove the SIM Card. I also checked everything through the SMMI Test. Nothing helped.
There is no way I have time or energy to factory reset the phone. Especially when yesterday (and as I mentioned previously no new firmware/update was installed) everything was working perfectly.
I hope you understand that not only I need my mobile data on daily basis, I also pay around 30 EUROS every single month for them - though right now, I'm not able to use them at all.
I can also see that I am not the only one having this issue. Is there anything else I can do? (except for the factory reset, which is a BS advice)
4 REPLIES 4

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi slicecreations7
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
2. Please try SMMI test, what is your SMMI test result?
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>SIM Signal Test
If any of the SMMI tests fails, indicating high possibility of faulty hardware, kindly bring your device to the nearest ASUS repair center for device checking: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs
3. Please provide me the video or the screenshot of the issue.
4. What is your carrier? Does other carrier work with your device?

Hi,
I tried the Safe Mode as you suggested, however the result was the same. Data not working in the Safe mode and also outside of it.
I also did the SMMI Test for the SIM Signal; message that pops up says: "Sim Card not inserted!!! Please Check!!" However the system recognized the SIM Card slotted in, the network and UMTS Signal Strenghts. Only the cellular network claimes that it is disconnected.
I have no service center in my close proximity and I cannot afford to ship my mobile phone and be without it for weeks.
My carrier (if I understood your question correctly) is Orange a.s. Slovakia. I cannot test other carriers as everyone around me has the same one.
I'm including screenshots of the issues as you requested.

Update:
I am very sorry for this inconvenience and confusion I might have created. It has turned out, that the problem originated from my carrier (cellular data provider) who out of nowhere decided to disconnect me from the internet.
However, everything is now working without any issues.
Thank you very much for your help and advice!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi slicecreations7
Thank you for your reply. Glad to hear the good news!