This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone max Pro m1 .063 update Extreme battery draining problem.

rohitashva_dong
Star III
Hello Asus,

I have been facing extreme battery draining problem since I updated to the latest version .063. This update has ruined my mobile experience. I m getting 1 hour of screen on time and that is perhatic. Mobile is also heating a lot. Average temperature of my mobile remains around 43°C. It feels apps are battling to each other inside the mobile all the time. Even if I don't use my fully charged mobile for 7hours (during sleep), my battery goes to zero.

Charging time has also pethatically increased. It takes forever to charge if I keep my internet on during charging. Buttttt when I turn off the internet connection, mobile gets fully charged in approx 90 minutes only. And if I use my mobile during charging (while keeping data on) , charging percentage decreases instead of increasing.

Everything is fine except this issue. I love this phone, it used to be really great in terms of battery performance. Please fix this problem in next update or I'll have to sell my mobile.

Note: last 2 updates (.061 and .063) ruined the experience. And battery was working superfine in previous versions prior to .061.
67 REPLIES 67

AJ1
Rising Star II
nponda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114765#Comment_114765

How can they solve it if it's caused by Asus' updates?

View post
They will tell you

Vishaal
Star II
I don't know if any of my dear friends are still facing the issue of battery drain and battery bulging out. I have been facing it from yesterday. (Just the battery drain not the bulge yet) and it will be surprising for everyone of you to know that asus just rolled out the FOTA update for android pie on my zenfome max pro m1. I got it on 13th October, 2020. I was aware that my phone was not getting the update but I never really happened to focus on it much because it was working fine even on Oreo. But after updating it last day , I saw the battery drain issue and I guess I'll even get the sweet little bulge as if the battery is trying to breathe in . I have no clue as to what I should do now. It is my one and only primary phone and I can't afford another phone soon. Need some help please.

zamakiyakishan
Rising Star II
victor2020

Please follow below steps may improve battery backup: 

1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)

2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)

3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)

4. Boost memory when you see memory consumption is high with no app running,

5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

Recalibrate battery

To recalibrate battery, charge your phone to 100% without interruption.

then discharge it normally till 0%(phone gets switched off).

charge it to 100% in switched off condition and keep it in that state for a little more time.

now switch on your phone in charged condition and unplug when ASUS logo appears.

keep the phone unused for 5 mins.

you will get far better battery life as the battery stats.bin file will be updated.

View post
You Have To Make Good Ram Management So No Any app Unwantedly run in Background. This Is Your Fault Asus

Any members in this forum found any way of resolution??. Kindly help me to find a way.
I reported this issue to Asus team through email on around August. But response given was horrible. I bought this mobile last year around May. Within a year, after update, this issue came.
One of the major factor that trigger me to apt this product is its battery. But now Asus made me to regret my decision.
If anyone can share their resolution (if you had one), it would be helpful.
When I was having a similar issue back in 2015 with micromax, they actually take back my phone and issued a new one. Don't know about asus

johansyren
Star II
Same problem as mentioned by others is faced by me also. Even in switch off condition also battery is draining fastly. Plz provide a permanent solution for this problem. SOT is decreasing day by day due to this problem. Plz consider all our issuea asap.