This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZS630KL keeps crashing after the latest OTA update (ver *.167)

ankur_kar
Star III
I received the latest OTA update on 25th night and since yesterday my phone keeps crashing. I also noticed that while opening anything, the network (both WiFi and mobile network) keep resetting on its own. The phone crashes randomly and has become pretty much annoying and useless. It's making my daily usage counter productive. Anyone facing this issue and is there any solution to this?
55 REPLIES 55

nikhil_sen93
Star III
Hey guys i had this problem 20 days back... i gave it to the service center they said that they can't fix the issue so they will have to ship it to asus and it will take 14 days to solve the problem. Now i received my phone where they said that the issue was resolved but crap... my phone is in the same damn condition crashed twice and now its not evening booting. The phone restarted and now it's stuck on the asus logo... I am not even able to force shut down or restart the phone from this asus logo. I genuinely regret buying this phone. I am going to give it back to them and if the issue is not resolved i will raise a complaint in the consumer court for refunding the amount as that is the only alternative i think is possible as the overall asus after sales service is terrible...

ankur_kar
Star III
I am yet to receive my phone. But that's the route I would take if anymore issues come up with the phone. ASUS should have replaced or refunded for these cases in the first place. Now that they are giving excuse for policies, a legal approach is very much necessary.

ankur_kar
Star III
I hope now the moderators can see the seriousness of the situation and understand that it's not just few customers anymore.

hannabijoy
Star II
Mine just switched off in the middle of a call and refused to boot after holding the power button, battery was ~70%. I tried multiple combinations of power button and volume keys and it didn't switch on. I waited a couple of minutes and then tried again by holding the power button for approximately a minute and it finally switched on.  No idea why this happened and not sure if it'll happen again  

It was on the  .174 version, I had also installed the .167 version when it was released.  All updates were through FOTA.

Haven't faced any crashes or reboots but randomly switching off and refusing to switch on is worrying.

ankur_kar
Star III
https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-devices-motherboard-malfunction/

This issue has been highlighted in the XDA developers forum. Apparently the software update causes the hardware to malfunction. ASUS  is calling in the affected devices for repairs. My point is why is ASUS not giving replacement to the customers who are affected. However you do repairs, the phone loses its value once it has been repaired. It is not the fresh new phone bought just weeks ago if you are performing repair work on the device. ASUS is cheating its customers and looting the customers money based on a technicality of policy. I have lost all faith in ASUS.