Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Phone Speaker and Earphone

anubhavs343
Star II
Beta 4:- Max Pro M1.
Build number:- QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2017.2008.432-20200903
Sound issue in both phone main speaker and Earphone. The sound automatically decrease while watching video. Sound starts cracking, when volume increased above 50%. Sometimes sound is to low after increasing the volume level to 100%.
Reset done. Same problem still exists.
8 REPLIES 8

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anubhavs343
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Did you encounter the same situation in V429 or other firmware version?
2. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
4. Does the issue only appear while watching video? Which apps do you use for watching video?

anubhavs343
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi anubhavs343

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Did you encounter the same situation in V429 or other firmware version?

2. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?

3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

4. Does the issue only appear while watching video? Which apps do you use for watching video?

View post
1. No, the issue just came after updating to this build number QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2017.2008.432-20200903.
2. No, after updating to Beta 4 from Beta 3 the issue came into existence. The issue was encountered from the first boot up in Beta 4.
3. In safe mode also the speaker voice is cracking if we increase the volume. ( Same with earphone).
4. In call, if i talk by enabling speaker than also voice crack, and in video the voice cracking problem is with earphone and speaker. The apps are YouTube, Google classroom, VLC.
5. The sound isn't optimised, according to me. If i am attending class in Google classroom and i choose, speaker and than if i move to youtube, Google classroom running in background, than YouTube video sound starts playing from speaker, even when i have already plugged the earphone.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anubhavs343 
Thank you for your reply. My earphones and speaker perform well while listening the music on YouTube.
1. Do you mean that the issue only appear after you used Google classroom?
2. Please try to put your device with the dehumidifier for 12 hours, and clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can)

anubhavs343
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi anubhavs343 

Thank you for your reply. My earphones and speaker perform well while listening the music on YouTube.

1. Do you mean that the issue only appear after you used Google classroom?

2. Please try to put your device with the dehumidifier for 12 hours, and clean your port with soft tools (e,g. compressed air can)

View post
1. No, the issue is no restricted to Google Classroom. If i use YouTube or Twitter or any other app on which i need to use phone speaker, the sound starts cracking, when you increase the volume above 50%.