nidhin3
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Max pro M1
Firmware Version: 432 ( Beta 4)
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: Maybe Once in a week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello @Christine_ASUS
First of all I would like to inform you that I'm willing to send my device log if that's needed by you guys in any manner for further investigation.
I'm rarely facing the problem of Random shutdowns. Currently I'm on the 432 build. In this build this issue happened only once ( thats today)
While I was on the 424 build I faced this issue multiple times( more than 5 times). Let me try to explain how my device gets into power of mode in build 424. While in use, my device gets freezed and for like 10 to 20 seconds nothing happens. Then all of a sudden screen goes blank. Then in order to turn my device back on I had to press the power button more than the usual time. I'm not sure but I think the network has something to do with this issue. If I'm right I notice my signal bars behaving strangely during the phone gets freezed ( might be I'm wrong)
I used build 429 for just 2-3 days and hence I did not face this problem.
In build 432 I'm not sure how my device got into power of mode. I plugged in my charger and laid my phone on table as usual and left my room. But, after 15 minutes when I got back what I could see is that my device was in power off mode. Also not even a single percentage of charging was done.

NB: After I turn on my device everything works perfectly.
Like I said earlier I'm willing to send you my device log if needed. Kindly send a PM for the same.

Thanks!!!
15 REPLIES 15

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi nidhin3
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. So far, you shall run A10 V432 for two weeks, have you ever encountered the same situation again?
2. If the device has encountered auto-shutdown again, how many times?
3. Auto-shutdown or Auto-reboot?
4. During idle mode or using any apps?
5. Is there any zone heating up?

nidhin3
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

Hi nidhin3

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. So far, you shall run A10 V432 for two weeks, have you ever encountered the same situation again?

2. If the device has encountered auto-shutdown again, how many times?

3. Auto-shutdown or Auto-reboot?

4. During idle mode or using any apps?

5. Is there any zone heating up?

View post
1. Yes, I encountered this issue again. So in total I experienced this issue 2 times in build 432 alone.
2. Like I said above in build 432 I faced this issue 2 times. If you are asking about the total in all builds I would say something more than 7 times.
3. Auto shutdown. In order to turn device back on I would have to press power button slightly longer than usual
4. Not in Idle mode. But, not while using a specific app. Last time this issue occured I was on my home screen
5. No excessive heating I would say. I have my case on and I did not feel any abnormal heating issues.
@Christine_ASUS

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi nidhin3
Thank you for your quick reply. What you described indicates high possibility of slightly faulty hardware, any firmware update/flashing may trigger the symptom. Please turn on auto-backup or backup your data from time to time. If the device does not encounter the auto shutdown frequently, you may keep your normal usage. If the device starts to encounter the auto shutdown frequently, e,g. from once two week to once two days, please bring your device to the nearest repair center for further device checking.

nidhin3
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

Hi nidhin3

Thank you for your quick reply. What you described indicates high possibility of slightly faulty hardware, any firmware update/flashing may trigger the symptom. Please turn on auto-backup or backup your data from time to time. If the device does not encounter the auto shutdown frequently, you may keep your normal usage. If the device starts to encounter the auto shutdown frequently, e,g. from once two week to once two days, please bring your device to the nearest repair center for further device checking.

View post
Okay, Noted 👍
But, one thing I find common before every shutdown is that my network behaves strange before shutdown. ie, Internet is not working for a minute, even tough signal strength is full. Can you please check regarding the same.
I have send you bug reports via PM. The last bug report was captured minutes after the incident.

Thanks!!!