This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Wi-Fi Call" on the Zenfone 5Z

vitorgn
Star II
When will the "Wi-Fi Call" option be released for the Zenfone 5Z? It is sorely needed, and many intermediary phones from other brands have this function as a default in their products.
30 REPLIES 30

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi christianrodrigues1981 & vitorgn
Thank you for your patiently waiting. After checking with the relevant team, we confirm that none of the Brazil carrier supports VoLTE and VoWiFi in ZenFone 5Z. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused. 
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me with any record provided by Vivo Brazil for further checking.

vitorgn
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Thank you for your patiently waiting. After checking with the relevant team, we confirm that none of the Brazil carrier supports VoLTE and VoWiFi in ZenFone 5Z. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused. 

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me with any record provided by Vivo Brazil for further checking.

View post
Hi Christine_ASUS! 
Excuse me, but not the operators that do not support VoLTE and VoWiFi on the Zenfone 5Z, quite the contrary, it is the Zenfone 5Z that has not been updated to support VoLTE and VoWiFi. 
So much so that in Zenfone 6 VoLTE and VoWiFi works with the operator Vivo and has the wifi call. No operator would make available to its customers a function (WIFI calling) that had its own configuration for each brand and model of cell phone. 
The configuration even exists on the 5Z, but it is not enabled, which only Asus could do, not the operators. The truth is that there is no interest from Asus in releasing this function in the 5Z. It is a pity!
screenshot-20201012-202643007-281-29-1-1.jpg

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

View post
Hello Christiane, in contact with my operator it tells me that the Asus enabled for voLTE are: ZenFone Max Shot, ZenFone 5 / 5z and ZenFone 6, technical support even guides me to enable a function on mobile networks, voLTE, but no I have this function, I believe there is an error in the software because this menu does not appear, shouldn't it be there? Contact by VIVO is by phone, only if you try to record the difficult call to prove it. I could see with your team why the option is not there in mobile network settings, my friend has a ZenFone 6 and the option is there, voLTE and WiFi Call even his operator does not support any of the features on ZenFone 6, thanks for your attention

Christian_ZF8
Rising Star I
figura1-jpg.jpg
Hello Christine, how are you?
I asked my friend for a printout of his zenfone 6 configuration screen for comparison with that of the 5z because I may have expressed myself badly about the configuration not being present in the 5z software. His zenfone 6 the current operator does not support any of the features and the option is there, my operator informs me that the 5z is compatible and the option is not there, my question is only about voLTE. Have a great day. @Christine_ASUS

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Chris
As I mentioned before, it depends on things like White List: Weather the carrier supports, or we have mutual agreement of, VoLTE with the model or not. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.