This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen broke on first drop

kangkan
Star III

Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: On
========================================
So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.
I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16

John_p
Rising Star I
kangkan
  1. Model Name: ROG 3, 8gb RAM, 128 gb , india (flipkart)
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: On

========================================

So after a month of black-crush, battery drain, software glitches and so many other problems the inevitable happened . i happen to drop my phone . and the screen cracked ..dead display on its very first drop 😞 . I should have been more careful. Maybe stopped using the default good-for-nothing case that asus provided with the box and invested on a new shock proof case. i don't think its covered under warranty or is it? i am in distress. If possible can i claim under warranty as i don't think the screen is the standard of gorilla 6 or whatever mentioned.. to be broken in a single fall. i may have dropped my older phones like a hundred times but still display keeps on working fine.

I don't mind paying a logical amount too to fix it but the amount that the asus service center quoted near my place to replace the screen was way beyond what i had expected.am i being duped ? is there any official cost in INR someone can help me here with. Thank you.

Screen broke on first drop
Asus would have quoted something around 15-16k I'm guessing
Also gorilla glass mostly protects from scratches it does not help in falling situations . And since it's physical damage the service centre won't give it for free so the only possible way is to get it done in the official service centre .
Did u have a screen protector. It plays a very important role when the phone falls. If you put a new screen then don't forget to put a screen guard it's 400-600 rupees but can save the cost of a new screen 😔
On AliExpress you will be able to find a few screens for 8k or so but there is no warranty and if u get a bad product then it'll be worse .

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Same mine drop on a height of a table an display start flickering then black after a minute it has a tempered glass yet it manage to crack the front screen I had to pay 18k just to fix the dammn screen my other phone has lower kind of gorilla glass yet it still healthy even though I abused i always drop it twice or thrice a month, then the screen that I got had 7 deadpixel can't replace it....

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
devicentextian

Same mine drop on a height of a table an display start flickering then black after a minute it has a tempered glass yet it manage to crack the front screen I had to pay 18k just to fix the dammn screen my other phone has lower kind of gorilla glass yet it still healthy even though I abused i always drop it twice or thrice a month, then the screen that I got had 7 deadpixel can't replace it....

View post
Same here , screen is worst in every aspect possible both in quality and durability

eqlm2
Rising Star I
it is impossible that it has GG6, mine got scratches easily after just 15 days and i used it very carefully, i dont remember any of my phones got scratches as easy as RP3 since Samsung S4