This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About crashing issues

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
This thread is to highlight the crashing issue that has plagued Zenfone 6 since the 167 FOTA update. Please, whoever is having this issue, leave a comment stating the same under this thread so the mods stop shunning this issue away as a hardware problem. Let them know that people are having this issue. 

The reason behind this being stated as a hardware problem is probably to extort people of their one and only free hardware repair covered under warranty. Please don't let this happen. The phone as I count has crashed 47 times today itself. How much do you expect me to bear? Your phone has a shitty resale value so I can't easily sell this and buy the good old OnePlus (An option which I am really starting to consider seriously let me tell you)
21 REPLIES 21

Dhana
Star I
@CH_ASUS Thanks 🙂

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Dhana said:
Hello @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS , planning to buy zenfone 6 and have been checking zentalk for a couple of days . I find many people complaining about frequent restarts and their phone ending up in dead state after the new FOTA .167 update , what will be your suggestions , can I go for it or wait till the issue gets resolved ?  and i am from India
Hi
It is about 10 individuals here which have had defective units. We are not blocking repairs if there is a proper cause for it and so far it does seem the individuals who are bringing their faulty units back to service are getting them replaced.

FOTA .167 is also disabled and users will go to .174.

Br
CH

service center is replacing whole zenfone 6 or just its motherboard ?

hannabijoy
Star II
Mine just switched off in the middle of a call and refused to boot after pressing the power button, battery was ~70%. I tried multiple combinations of power button and volume keys and it didn't switch on. I waited a couple of minutes and then tried again by holding the power button for approximately a minute and it finally switched on.  No idea why this happened and not sure if it'll happen again 😕 

It was on the  .174 version, I had also installed the .167 version when it was released.  All updates were through FOTA.

Haven't faced any crashes or reboots but randomly switching off and refusing to switch on is worrying.

ravneet_dtu
Star I
@CH_ASUS
I installed an update today in my 6Z, after updated, the phone crashed, restarted several times. And now it's Dead. It's not charging, no power. Complete Dead. What should I do??

aaltois
Star I
I have this issue aswell. Reboots almost every time after a charge for whatever reason. Never when I'm using the phone. Right after installing the latest update rebooted several times, shutdown and was totally unresponsive for about ten minutes after which I was able to boot it up again. Reboots when using a benchmarking tool in the cpu-part and stress test almost immediately. So yeah, something is broken, owned the phone about a month. Service wants me to do a factory reset which I know already will not help as this behaviour started right from the first days of using it.