This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zenbook q407iq (r5 4500U, MX350) not waking up from sleep(s2idle)

wyj1017146866
Star I
System: linux 5.7.7, and windows 10 2004
Battery or AC: both
Model: q407iq
Frequency of occurrence: nearly always
Reset OS: tried several times
Screenshot or video: not possible to make it a screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
System cannot weak up from sleep on keyboard or mouse interruption. Opening the lid may weak it up, but it does not always work.
23 REPLIES 23

royschreiber
Star II
I installed Intel V27 drivers directly from their website, the drivers work fine but they don't solve the waking up problem.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Red0X

according to Intel numbering :

V26 drivers are for Windows® 10 May 2019 Update - WDDM 2.6.

V27 drivers are for Windows® 10 May 2020 Update - WDDM 2.7 .

Technically Asus as not yet released after 5 month a single V27 driver compatible with actual windows version

View post
starting from w27 onwards , intel releases new drivers which are compatible with all braned laptop models atleast 6th gen processors,
i too install graphics driver from intel generic drivers. You no need worry about new drivers from asus

Red0X
Star II
good to know thank you.
So are we narrowing it down to a WIN/BIOS compatibility?
Could we escalate this request ?

fireboypr
Star I
Mine was having the same issue for the longest time. I updated the BIOS to latest version and also reset to factory many times without any luck. Then one day I started having issues with the Camera driver, camera stopped working, if I uninstalled the driver and rebooted it worked until I connected to the internet which automatically downloaded the latest camera driver and stopped working again. Since I was not able to fix this issue, I went ahead and reset to factory (again!) and to my surprise this also fixed my issues with the computer not waking from sleep. I just left it as is (instead of manually trying to get the latest driver for everything). So far (fingers crossed) the issue disappeared (it's been more than a month with no issues). Finally I can say that I love this laptop. Don't know what actually fixed the issue, but it is fixed.