This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

@veeharish2005 i wish i have known all of this that I cannot downgrade to a previous firmware. I feel like I spent $1000 dollars on a device Im unhappy about.

View post
I think you should have waited a little bit before unlocking the bootloader because Asus zenfone 6 got a lot of update to improve the skin colour, colour science, sharpness (the problem you are facing) and hdr.
You can still update your device by downloading the update file from asus's website and manually update your device.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Many thanks @veeharish2005 i am really praying the next update wpuld solve all my dillemas. And yes in the mean time, i would need to download from the website. If I do that would it wipe my device again? 😕

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Charles Rollon

Many thanks @veeharish2005 i am really praying the next update wpuld solve all my dillemas. And yes in the mean time, i would need to download from the website. If I do that would it wipe my device again? 😕

View post
No, it will not wipe your storage, I have manually updated my device a lot of times.
(Tip: if you are having any issue ,there is a big chance that your issue will be fixed if you update your device manually)

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
I do not know if you read the DXOmark review of the zenfone 7 pro. They do also noticed the unnatural texture of faces with the pictures they took. The device got a score of only 115. In my opinion it is the rate it deserves because of a lot of small drawbacks like that unnatural look.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
My only hope is the next update. Even now, when I am taking a front video, the face is dark. I ended up using Note 20 as it takes nice videos and selfies. I am really saddened with this issues. Since the last update, I barely take front facing pictures as my Note 20 does a better job at rendering, and the videos as well.