This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Minor and major battery issues!

Alice_Renaut
Star III
The low battery warning option, in the settings, says it will warn the user in 15% and 5%, but warns in 14% and 4%.
The % indicator does not follow in real time, when it is at 12% in an activity for 10 minutes, it goes down to 11%, but from 11% to 10% it does not last 30 seconds. (Numbers given as an example, do not indicate percentage or time accuracy).
Sometimes, I put it to charge with 10%, it jumped to 12%, rising to 13%, immediately when connecting.
The first 10% of battery, after a 100% charge, does not last even the time of the last 3%.
There is a considerable battery drain after the Android 10. (Not shown on Android 9.)
77 REPLIES 77

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
BrunoF20

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121378#Comment_121378

There's another minor that when you try to restart your phone with anything less than 3% of charge, it didn't even try but shows it's fully discharged already.

Cheap display, bad sharpness and unstable frequency.

Cheap touch panel, all sort of touch issues.

Cheap energy monitor, bad stats battery reading.

All this and the "well optimized" Android 10!

Ladies and gentlemen! Congratulations! You've bought a "flagcheap"!

View post
Add one more to it!
I noticed after .99 is if i use screen for above 30 min in landscape mode in any browser for surfing and stream video from any website in browser auto rotation gets stuck screen remains in landscape mode even after holding phone in potrait mode
To rotate screen from landscape to potrait always have to place phone on flat surface and pick it up again n boom as soon as i pick phone up screen automatically rotates instantly to potrait is this a bug ? @Anders_ASUS

BrunoF20
Zen Master I

ddq2p6g-77fa3f14-b587-4867-aa46-7d5462dbe6b0.png
Haha, yes, tested it and confirmed.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
now I understand this clearly. My next phone will not be Asus. I think Asus company works for this too !!!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Yes. Let's hope together now. What are we waiting? Of course the Asus gods give us a proper update

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
First of all, for testing percentage jumps up while charging, I will check with relevant team and further reply.
Second, as sidarya31 mentioned above, my device warns me at 5%/15% properly. For battery drain, the battery performance seems ok for me. I put my device in V99 overnight for 17 hours, not in Safe Mode, PUBG in the background and Wi-Fi on, the battery drain from 100% to 97%. Besides, there is power user reported in ZH community that V99 is more battery saving than V92.
As I had discussed with some users before, you may provide me some main point/apps version you recognize the battery drain for further checking. Please report to apps' developer first and check if there is any specific app caused the issue. Furthermore, comparing battery drain in different Android version can be a little unaccurate since
1. The last time the users used Android 8 or Android 9 should be long time ago, indicating battery aging
2. New Android version will always have some new functions added from previous Android version, causing slightly more on battery usage.