This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighteness issue, it sometimes goes down

JohnFrusciante
Star III
Hi, I always stay with autobrighteness disabled and I usually use 100% brightness value.
I noticed a strange issue, sometimes the brighteness goes down and after some seconds it returns to its full 100%.
It even happen when my phone is cold and I would to know if anyone have same problem or if it is normal.

Pleaseell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3 WW
Firmware Version: 78
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

9 REPLIES 9

ark9127
Star I
I had also observed this. It happened randomly which automatically sets the brightness to 0%.

JohnFrusciante
Star III
Sometimes brighteness goes down but the value remain at 100%..similar to iPhone when it becomes hot and safety system turn it in darker brightness..but my Rog sometimes does it when cold

JohnFrusciante
Star III
@Anders_ASUS is it normal or I have to contact assistance? I have disabled autobrighteness, I have disabled screen smart adaptive , battery is on balanced mode, with 100% brightness it turns down and up automatically but remaining on 100% value and it is not a safety system because temperature is very low. It is very annoying because it happens very often.. playing games, reading pages on internet etc...what can I do to fix it??

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
That sounds strange. What's your display sleep timer set to? It might also be that HBM kicks in, but I think we should log your device so our devs can take a closer look.