Laptop running very slow

System: Windows 10, 64 bit
Battery or AC: in both
Model: e-Book E202SA,
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video: Task Manager screen shot attached
========================
Detailed description:My Asus Windows 10, 64 bit laptop (10" screen) model E202SA having 2 GB RAM and 500 GB HD is running very slow from beginning. It's hard disk has free space of C:131 GB and 😧 253 GB. Virtual memory is set at Maximum recommended. In the task manager I generally find CPU usage varies from 30-70%, Memory 80-85% and Disk 99-100%. Opening any new application or Window, it sometimes takes several mins to wait and it became very difficult to use the same. I do not have any gaming software loaded and the standard software are MS Office, WPS and Google Chrome. I recently cleaned out all temporary files but no improvement.
Is it because of Windows 10 on 2 GB Memory only? Is it possible to expand memory of this model of the laptop?

5 REPLIES 5

rgilbert07
Star I
Celeron processor, 2Gb of RAM and almost certainly a cheap 5400 rpm hard drive and you are expecting it to run Win 10, 64 bit? Wading through treacle would be easier. My wife's A540L with a Core i3 and 4 Mb of RAM did much the same until I put an SSD in it (even then it was still pretty slow but much better than it had been). Add more RAM if you can and put an SSD in it.

Thanks for the update. In Task Manager, the Disk tab is always showing as 100%, even just after booting when I haven't open any application. Does it indicate any specific problem or all due to the low RAM of 2 GB?

Unfortunately the RAM cannot be upgraded. However the HD can be changed with SSD. But in doubt how much improvement it will show.

rgilbert07
Star I
If the original HDD is a 5,400 rpm unit (probably Hitachi), then even the cheapest, lowest spec, SSD you can find will make a noticeable difference.