rein
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 5z (zs620kl)
Firmware Version:WW-100.10.107.99
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the last update, phone gets heated a lot than usual. Just few mins usage, and phone starts to boil. If I play a game for 20mins, phone gets cooked up. Is this a software issue or what? Need this issue to be solved asap.
3 REPLIES 3

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
rein

1. Model Name: zenfone 5z (zs620kl)
  2. Firmware Version:WW-100.10.107.99
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

After the last update, phone gets heated a lot than usual. Just few mins usage, and phone starts to boil. If I play a game for 20mins, phone gets cooked up. Is this a software issue or what? Need this issue to be solved asap.

Mobile gets heated a lot than usual, too hot to handle
In this update, the battery drain runs out faster in active use. This is probably why it gets hotter.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rein

This sounds strange.... 🙃check with google play services if those are updated or not also i recommend you some third party app may be misbehaving in background so its better you try a factory data reset by backing up your important data coz almost all of bugs caused by third party apps gets cleared if those are culprit after factory data reset but if it is caused by OS or hardware than you will get to know cause i am on .99 and no such problem on my 5z
To factory data reset go to :-
Settings>system>reset options>erase all data
Note:- please dont forget to backup all your important data
If you still see same heating even after factory data reset
Please take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible to examine ur device cause it may be a hardware damage
Thanks!

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
rein

In this update, the battery drain runs out faster in active use. This is probably why it gets hotter.