Did you mean: 

Main camera of Zenfone 5Z taking blurred image

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Azus Zenfone 5Z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.99_20200906
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
In addit Cameraion to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
===========, I have been using the camera of my mobile withouy any issues until recently when I did a software update. The camera has been taking blurred images since the update. Kindly fix the issue with software patch.== have tried all the options suggested in the other threads where users have been facing similar issues.===========================

6 REPLIES 6

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Check your phone for latest software version.
2. Go to Camera settings & try changing focus mode
3. Clear cache & storage of Camera App after backing up & disable/re-enable camera App
4. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
5. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup:  https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
6. Last option would be to visit the service centre to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

Hi,
I followed the instructions provide by you. This however did not fix the camera focus issue.
I went to the nearest authorised service center, where they confirmed the issue is the main camera hardware, which needs replacement. They also confirmed that they had recieved complaints from few more 5Z owners of conked out camera due to buggy software update.
I was told that the charge for repairing the camera is Rs 6000 which I have to pay. I would like to ask why I should pay the bill for damage due to buggy software released by ASUS.
Could you please sort this issue out. Fix my phone ASAP.

Zenfone5Z_custo
Star II
I am also facing this issue....could someone please help us with this..

@victor2020 could you please respond to the concerns raised.
Unable to use the apps like gpay or Paytm as the scanning doesn't work. This is causing lots of inconvenience.
Could you please help.