siniwie
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: 78.
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi. I heard that version 58 is best for sot and battery life. How can I downgrade to 58 if i bought phone with 78? Is it possible?
10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
siniwie

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122891#Comment_122891

I got almost clean version. Bought phone 3 days ago. No sense to wipe data i think. I saw user who got 9h more work on device with 58 vs 78. Is it possible?

View post
Downgrading to A9 will wipe your data, so that's why I also recommended a factory reset.
I don't know which user you are referring to, and I would need to know if the device was used the same way for both charges. I have not noticed any difference in battery consumption between .58 and .78 at least.
Playing a game with max brightness at 60 FPS while being on a call the whole time versus removing the SIM card, putting the phone in flight mode and doing nothing can result in several days of difference. (An extreme example that's certainly not the case here, but you get my point. I'd need more information.)

siniwie
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122895#Comment_122895

Downgrading to A9 will wipe your data, so that's why I also recommended a factory reset.

I don't know which user you are referring to, and I would need to know if the device was used the same way for both charges. I have not noticed any difference in battery consumption between .58 and .78 at least.

Playing a game with max brightness at 60 FPS while being on a call the whole time versus removing the SIM card, putting the phone in flight mode and doing nothing can result in several days of difference. (An extreme example that's certainly not the case here, but you get my point. I'd need more information.)

View post
I meant this user
screenshot-20201009-153751341.jpg
screenshot-20201009-153758883.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@siniwie I've requested a log from that user. Just bear in mind that SOT and battery consumption will change based on a myriad of factors, so a direct comparison between two devices can only say so much.

hermantan89
Rising Star I
Sorry, but this looks like a gaming phone, specifically designed to improve performance!
If you turn off the many feature, just for get a few percent savings, wkwkwk.
U better sell your ROG Phone, and change to stup*d phone. wkwk

siniwie
Star III
hermantan89

Sorry, but this looks like a gaming phone, specifically designed to improve performance!

If you turn off the many feature, just for get a few percent savings, wkwkwk.

U better sell your ROG Phone, and change to stup*d phone. wkwk

View post
But its still 6000 mAh. Just bad optimized. Look at huwei. Better sot with 4200mah than rog. On same settings.