This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

Here is another example but with beautification off. Notice how the skin looks old, unflattering and dirty. Its not like this before the update. If i turn on beautificafion, it will be smooth but it looks highly filtered and full of dark contrast and shadows. Many thanks

p-20201005-174847.jpg

@Anders_ASUS

View post
I'm sorry you're not satisfied but we don't believe there is anything wrong with your camera.
Our tuning improves over time but it does not mean everyone's taste is the same.
I recommend you to keep the camera further away and then crop. This will remove some of that sharpness. You can also use the ultrawide and crop that.
Or take pictures like you do now and edit them in the gallery to your desired sharpness

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Thank you for the reply @Anders_ASUS. When the camera is far away, the face becomes much more worse.

My frustration is that the tuning hasnt improved at this latest update.
I understand when you say that everyone tastes is not the same, but if you zoom in on the photos that I sent you, hopefully you will see my perpective with regards to the software processing of the phone.
I cannot use ultra wide as we all know that this lens is inferior.
Due to my failed efforts to go back to the previous firmware, i have accidentally deleted all my files, unlocked my bootloader, and my Google pay doesnt work.
I was willing to overlook all of that, because the camera on This was amazing on the past 2 weeks that Ived had this phone.

As for now I have no ther option but:
1) to take a photo, and re-edit them again (this ultimately takes away from the experience that I paid $1000 for this phone)
2) wait for the next update (which hopefully I am heard by asus team) if it doesnt get fixed I have no choice then.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I

Tagion
Rising Star II
Charles Rollon

Thank you for the reply @Anders_ASUS. When the camera is far away, the face becomes much more worse.

My frustration is that the tuning hasnt improved at this latest update.

I understand when you say that everyone tastes is not the same, but if you zoom in on the photos that I sent you, hopefully you will see my perpective with regards to the software processing of the phone.

I cannot use ultra wide as we all know that this lens is inferior.

Due to my failed efforts to go back to the previous firmware, i have accidentally deleted all my files, unlocked my bootloader, and my Google pay doesnt work.

I was willing to overlook all of that, because the camera on This was amazing on the past 2 weeks that Ived had this phone.

As for now I have no ther option but:

1) to take a photo, and re-edit them again (this ultimately takes away from the experience that I paid $1000 for this phone)

2) wait for the next update (which hopefully I am heard by asus team) if it doesnt get fixed I have no choice then.

View post
Provide examples from the previous firmware, so we can actually see the changes you're talking about.
I haven't noticed a significant change in camera quality that ruins the phone like you said.

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
I can say that the sharpness is way too high on all the pictures i take with the asus camera app whatever it is a portrait, a landscape, etc. They do not look natural when you crop the picture in. However when you do not crop it, it looks ok.
I think that you should use GCam by Wichaya and set the sharpness at your taste. The only drawback of GCam is that it is slower than asus camera app to take good pictures.