This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong with my display (Hardware)

ethannieves26
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG Phone 3 1003D
Firmware Version:.58
Rooted or not:Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've noticed that when I turn my screen on a certain angle there's what appears to be some kind of black splotch (with a rainbowey hue around the edges) in the display above the red USB-C Accessory port.
I've never dropped the phone, I've never plugged in anything except the Aero Active Cooler into the red accessory port so I'm not exactly sure what's caused it. I've tried to repeatedly get photos of the splotch but it's only visible when the display is off and even then only on certain angles and the camera can never catch it. It does not affect the display when it's on at all, it's barely noticeable (even when off) so I don't mind that much but more than anything I'm worried as I don't want it to potentially get worse and end up harming the display in the future even though it isn't at the moment. (Moreover I don't want Asus to try and tell me it was my fault if I don't speak up about it now)
It did however first show up after using the Aero Active Cooler for Almost a whole week so I am concerned as I hope that the accessory isnt going to cause long term damage to my device if I continue using it. Which is a shame as it acts as a great kickstand while watching videos. (As for that I'm no longer going to use it due to fear of it ruining the display)

Can anyone at Asus give me any answers? Or any guarantees that if my display does now progress and become ruined due to the splotch that it will be replaced/repaired with no cost to myself?
I would love to upload photos but every one I take shows nothing as mentioned above.

Once again the device is functioning completely fine, I just want it to stay that way and mention that there is atleast SOMETHING wrong in case the problem worsens.

Edit: Also this goes without saying, if anyone else has experienced the same thing, can you please let me know below.
2 REPLIES 2

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
If you're worried, go to your local service center and get your device looked at.
I'm impressed you were even able to notice it in the first place. I checked our devices and in a veeery specific angle I can see a microscoping change above the side port. I wouldn't worry, but as I said - contact your local service.

ethannieves26
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

If you're worried, go to your local service center and get your device looked at.

I'm impressed you were even able to notice it in the first place. I checked our devices and in a veeery specific angle I can see a microscoping change above the side port. I wouldn't worry, but as I said - contact your local service.

View post
Alright thank you, I'll see if they're open sometime in the next week or two. 👍🏻