This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Minor and major battery issues!

Alice_Renaut
Star III
The low battery warning option, in the settings, says it will warn the user in 15% and 5%, but warns in 14% and 4%.
The % indicator does not follow in real time, when it is at 12% in an activity for 10 minutes, it goes down to 11%, but from 11% to 10% it does not last 30 seconds. (Numbers given as an example, do not indicate percentage or time accuracy).
Sometimes, I put it to charge with 10%, it jumped to 12%, rising to 13%, immediately when connecting.
The first 10% of battery, after a 100% charge, does not last even the time of the last 3%.
There is a considerable battery drain after the Android 10. (Not shown on Android 9.)
77 REPLIES 77

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Thank you for your reporting. Can you provide me any video for further checking?

View post
This is hard to record because you never know in what percentage it will happen.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
When will you find a clear and real solution to battery problems?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

When will you find a clear and real solution to battery problems?

View post
Wait for next FOTA it is fully focused on battery optimisations
Coming soon!🤞

hkorkut
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122628#Comment_122628

Wait for next FOTA it is fully focused on battery optimisations

Coming soon!🤞

View post
We have always waited for this during the last two updates. a little too much, don't you think?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122668#Comment_122668

We have always waited for this during the last two updates. a little too much, don't you think?

View post
Until n unless we dont come up with some proofs how was asus suppose to fix this battery issue as per my 5z i still have no complaints on .99 version even .99 give much satisfactory SOT i.e. 5 hrs 30min on my 5z so nothing to complain here and due to this i never took this issue with mods mostly but after seeing other users complaining too much we had some users proofs we took it to mods & dont worry asus have started looking into it as there are various reasons of battery drain which is not by system OS but can be due to third party apps or something
For you if drain is too much you are most welcome to factory data reset and m sure you will see the diffrence and than report here your SOT
Thanks!