This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS hi! I really appreciate the reply. Its not that it got deactivated. Even if i turn on the beauty filter, the faces looks really in high contrast and it looks extremely unnatural. There is a huge difference crom the previous FW on how it processes faces. I can tell the difference and now I am extremely unhappy with the selfie shots. With my attempts to downgrade to the previous firmware, i have accidentally deleted my phone, unlocked my bootloader (unknowingly that I cannot lock it again) thus, had my GOOGLE PAY APP unusable. And still not able tk gl back to the previous firmware. I was extremely frustrated and unhappy, I can't take pictures or people any more. And thanks for the advice, because even if I set to LEVEL 1 beauty filter, yes it does filter, but makes a huge contrast and shadows on the face and its just unflattering like before. Im extremely frustrated with the entire experience

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
@laurent.francois.elie thanks for the reply, even if I set it to LEVEL 1, it still renders the photo with high contrast and dark shadows, unlike before where it looks natural. I was extremely frustrated. And yes I agree, I Need to take pictures out of the instagram or whatsapp application and reload them inside the applications, because if u take them directly from instagram or whatsapp, the pictures look like they were taken from a phone camera in 2012, dark and full of noise

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

@laurent.francois.elie thanks for the reply, even if I set it to LEVEL 1, it still renders the photo with high contrast and dark shadows, unlike before where it looks natural. I was extremely frustrated. And yes I agree, I Need to take pictures out of the instagram or whatsapp application and reload them inside the applications, because if u take them directly from instagram or whatsapp, the pictures look like they were taken from a phone camera in 2012, dark and full of noise

View post
It's very hard to know if what you're getting is natural or not without any picture as a reference. Photos from other apps will always be worse and it's not a bug.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
p-20201005-173529.jpg
Hi this is the photo quality with beautification enabled. Faces look grainy and full of contrast and shadows. This is the latest update. Contrast and undereye bags are high lighted. Face is over sharpened. When i bought the phone 3 weeks ago, every shot was good even if u dont add beautification. Now its just all sharpened and full of contrast

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Here is another example but with beautification off. Notice how the skin looks old, unflattering and dirty. Its not like this before the update. If i turn on beautificafion, it will be smooth but it looks highly filtered and full of dark contrast and shadows. Many thanks
p-20201005-174847.jpg
@Anders_ASUS