This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint unresponsive

Vignesh
Star I
I have been using finger print without issues so far, but suddenly today morning the phone did not wakeup with fingerprint. It is not that it does not recognize the finger, there was no vibration (to indicate unmatched entry), so it was not active at all. It was as if fp is never enabled. I clicked power button, entered pin and thereafter finger print started working after turning off display. It has happenned only once so far.

Has anyone faced this? Is it an issue with fp sensor (temporarily not responsive) or expected behaviour, like it is in honor devices where pin is forced once every 3 days?

The phone is amazing in all other aspects, and moderators are responsive here, thank you Asus!
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Gentleman
Star I
It happens to me when phone is plugged in charge. When i take it to unlock with fp, it doesn't work. I have to do my pin. 

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It happens to me when phone is plugged in charge. When i take it to unlock with fp, it doesn't work. I have to do my pin. 
Does this happen every time you charge or just sometimes? If it's just some times, then it's likely that the period has expired when its accepted to only use fingerprint to unlock. This is standard Android security measure. you have to unlock with pin every now and then

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Vignesh said:
I have been using finger print without issues so far, but suddenly today morning the phone did not wakeup with fingerprint. It is not that it does not recognize the finger, there was no vibration (to indicate unmatched entry), so it was not active at all. It was as if fp is never enabled. I clicked power button, entered pin and thereafter finger print started working after turning off display. It has happenned only once so far.

Has anyone faced this? Is it an issue with fp sensor (temporarily not responsive) or expected behaviour, like it is in honor devices where pin is forced once every 3 days?

The phone is amazing in all other aspects, and moderators are responsive here, thank you Asus!
Thanks.
Let me tell you what the real issue is. After the latest FOTA, Zenfone 6 has started crashing. Your phone crashed and restarted overnight. That's why this happened. 

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Vignesh said:

Thanks.
Let me tell you what the real issue is. After the latest FOTA, Zenfone 6 has started crashing. Your phone crashed and restarted overnight. That's why this happened. 
I don't think this is the case at all. That has only affected a very small amount of units. What Vignesh describes sounds like normal Android behavior. It will act like this on any Android phone.

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
I've got the same problem: my fp sensor is not responsive at all. Sometimes i need to put finger 3/4 times before it works. Any solution?