This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Icon Pack support?

Tagion
Rising Star II
Is there a reason why the stock launcher is missing Icon pack support? Zenfone 6 had it on ZenUI 6 (now it's also missing on 11 beta too).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37396/missing-icon-pack-support

The change log for the android 11 beta for asus zenfone 6 said "removed icon pack support" , I don't know why they removed that feature in zenui 7?

View post
Because Google did. It creates bugs and this is why Google removed their support. We use as much code as possible from Google to minimize the risk of creating bugs. Adding support for custom icons will create more work and increase the risk of bugs, which is why we never implemented it in A11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Tagion

Is there a reason why the stock launcher is missing Icon pack support? Zenfone 6 had it on ZenUI 6 (now it's also missing on 11 beta too).

Missing Icon Pack support?
The change log for the android 11 beta for asus zenfone 6 said "removed icon pack support" , I don't know why they removed that feature in zenui 7?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37396/missing-icon-pack-support

View post
Because Google did. It creates bugs and this is why Google removed their support. We use as much code as possible from Google to minimize the risk of creating bugs. Adding support for custom icons will create more work and increase the risk of bugs, which is why we never implemented it in A11

If is so difficult, why Rog phone has themes/icons app?🤷🏽‍♂️

Aryan202
Community Legend I
everart_araujo

If is so difficult, why Rog phone has themes/icons app?🤷🏽‍♂️

View post
Rog phone has a themestore (older Zenfones had it too)
Basically themestore is used for exclusive Rog themes,accents,all have their own icon pack designs (most are meh tho)
Zenfone 7 added accent support in the ui itself and many view the themestore as an extra unnecessary bloatware so I guess they went with the no themestore move from Zenfone 6 onwards
By the way don't many icon packs support Zen ui?
You can access and apply many through their app itself