John_p
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog phone 3
Firmware Version:.78
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Netflix
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
While watching Netflix my phone loses nearly 15% of battery for every hour which is too much . I started with 51% and after watching a documentary for 1 hour exact battery % came to 35% which is a lot of loss especially for such a big battery .
Is anyone else facing this issue ? I know that diff phones are optimised differently but on an average phones consume only 7-10 after one hour of netflix and prime . Idk why my phone is losing battery so fast 😔😔😔
I am facing it only with netflix and prime . Otherwise the battery is absolutely normal
@Gustav_ASUS @Anders @ARP_ASUS
7 REPLIES 7

MV
Rising Star II
John p

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Rog phone 3
  2. Firmware Version:.78
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Netflix

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

While watching Netflix my phone loses nearly 15% of battery for every hour which is too much . I started with 51% and after watching a documentary for 1 hour exact battery % came to 35% which is a lot of loss especially for such a big battery .

Is anyone else facing this issue ? I know that diff phones are optimised differently but on an average phones consume only 7-10 after one hour of netflix and prime . Idk why my phone is losing battery so fast 😔😔😔

I am facing it only with netflix and prime . Otherwise the battery is absolutely normal

@Gustav_ASUS @Anders @ARP_ASUS

Battery drain during Netflix
Latest update .78 has messed up 🔋 backup badly. My screen on time is drastically decreased and phone on deep sleep drops a bit more than before when wifi, mobile data, all apps instances are closed. I don't have graphed comparison, but that's what I am seeing after .78.

John_p
Rising Star I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37368/battery-drain-during-netflix

Latest update .78 has messed up 🔋 backup badly. My screen on time is drastically decreased and phone on deep sleep drops a bit more than before when wifi, mobile data, all apps instances are closed. I don't have graphed comparison, but that's what I am seeing after .78.

View post
Yes even my phone drops nearly 7 % inspite of force closing all apps and putting it in airplane mode

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@John p
Before you go to bed tonight, can you charge your device to 100%, reboot it at put it in flight mode before going to sleep? Then check the battery level in the morning and get back to me with the results. Make sure to include how many hours you had it in flight mode.

John_p
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@John p

Before you go to bed tonight, can you charge your device to 100%, reboot it at put it in flight mode before going to sleep? Then check the battery level in the morning and get back to me with the results. Make sure to include how many hours you had it in flight mode.

View post
Yes will do it and get back Tomorrow