This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Tagion
Rising Star II
You generally can't downgrade to older firmware on any phone. It's not ASUS fault that you wiped your device.
I haven't noticed such a difference between this firmware and the older one in terms of camera quality

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
@Tagion Tha KS! I know it's not asus fault. I am saying the camera quality became bad when it was good in the beginning.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

@Tagion Tha KS! I know it's not asus fault. I am saying the camera quality became bad when it was good in the beginning.

View post
We haven't made it worse. Based on your description is sounds like you had the beauty filter active on the previous fw. Could be that it got deactivated during the upgrade. So please turn it on again and set your desired smoothness 😉

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
Hi, the solution is to set the beauty mode ON ( level 1 if you want a natural aspect ).
One real issue with this device is that third party apps (instagram, WhatsApp, snapchat,...) cannot use the full camera potential out of it.
For some reason Asus makes them use as selfie cam the ultra wide camera zoomed.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
laurent.francois.elie

Hi, the solution is to set the beauty mode ON ( level 1 if you want a natural aspect ).

One real issue with this device is that third party apps (instagram, WhatsApp, snapchat,...) cannot use the full camera potential out of it.

For some reason Asus makes them use as selfie cam the ultra wide camera zoomed.

View post
other apps use googles camera 2 api to communicate with the camera which is quite limited. I personally always take the picture/video using our own app and then import that in the app I want to use