hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 12g/512g international version
Firmware Version: 2008.78
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I think ppl are subjectively determining whether slow charge is working or not based on how hot their phone feels, charging time, or the indicator hypercharge is showing or not.

It would be more accurate if ppl actually check the voltage of during the slow charge. For me I download the battery guru app, and it did show less than 10w during slow charge, so it does seem like it is working. Can ppl try it out too to confirm it? I believe it is working just asus needs to fix the indicator icon. And also remove the charge icon once we hit the bypass charge limit.

screenshot-20201006-100627470.jpg

1 REPLY 1

John_p
Rising Star I
hank_email_is

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: 12g/512g international version
  2. Firmware Version: 2008.78
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I think ppl are subjectively determining whether slow charge is working or not based on how hot their phone feels, charging time, or the indicator hypercharge is showing or not.

It would be more accurate if ppl actually check the voltage of during the slow charge. For me I download the battery guru app, and it did show less than 10w during slow charge, so it does seem like it is working. Can ppl try it out too to confirm it? I believe it is working just asus needs to fix the indicator icon. And also remove the charge icon once we hit the bypass charge limit.

screenshot-20201006-100627470.jpg

Slow charge is working?
I don't think this app is very accurate. With slow charging turned on it showed me 22W and with fast charging it showed me 1.8 W - 5 W fluctuations which is exactly opposite of how it should be . And generally if you think about it slow charging itself means the phone should charge slowly but on my device both slow charging and fast charging happen in the same time period. One of the mods told me it'll get fixed in the coming update
Also since your using this app just observe the watts . It'll increase and then decrease in any random order . I was staring at it for 5 minuted and realised it's extremely inconsistent