This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me turn off my phone!

My ROG 2 screen broke the other day, it is totally black, and I cannot shut it off! Every half our my alarm rings and it is driving me insane! Please help!
5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
bc_rich_master

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122051#Comment_122051

This does not work. I cannot see anything on the phone but my nighthawk still says the ROG is connected.

View post
Sorry. it is meant to be press and hold volume down, followed by press on power button immediately afterwards.
I just tried it myself, the message says wait 12 seconds, so for you because you can't see the screen. I would connect the power so you see the led light up (hopefully thats still working for you). The thing here is once you count on 12 seconds or you see the led light gone (whichever first) - let go straight away. The closer you get to 12 seconds or the led light disappearing, the better chance of it shutting down and not restart.
EDIT// I would wait for 10 seconds after each try, so you can feel the vibration on startup. That way you know you have failed on that attempt.
For the power connection, I would find a charger that's low charge incase you give up and wait for the power to go.
That's the best I can suggest at the moment.