Aravind2020
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 3 global
Firmware Version: 78
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: enquiry
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello Asus team.
It would be great if you guys can put in a 2G only option for ROG 3 in the next update since in india most of the operators have stoped 3g and is now runing on 2G/4G modes.
So it would be great to bring in 2G only mode since 2g/3g mode is draining battery since phone continously searches for 3g network even when its on 2g network.
Also Vowifi is still not available fo Airtel in india.
Can u please consider this suggestion and includr 2g only mode and vowifi for airtel in next update?

2 REPLIES 2

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Aravind2020,
Thank you for the feedback.
I feel currently 2G and 3G are the most stable and when the phone supports 5G it doesn't make sense to have a 2G only mode as you have to manually change the 2G to 3G option. 3G is supported by Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and some small local telecos. 4G only is for JIO. 5G is coming soon though it make take its own good time.
Also you can let me know the source of info from where you got the news that 3G is stopped.
For Airtel VoWIFI we are already working on it.

Aravind2020
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi Aravind2020,

Thank you for the feedback.

I feel currently 2G and 3G are the most stable and when the phone supports 5G it doesn't make sense to have a 2G only mode as you have to manually change the 2G to 3G option. 3G is supported by Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and some small local telecos. 4G only is for JIO. 5G is coming soon though it make take its own good time.

Also you can let me know the source of info from where you got the news that 3G is stopped.

For Airtel VoWIFI we are already working on it.

View post
For your kind info Airtel has ahut down 3G services and now is only a 2G/4G operator.. soon voda will follow suit... Thats y i told 2g/3g mode causes batery drain as my rog 3 keeps on searching for extinct 3g network of airtel.
Please find the source ....3g was long gone for airtel