cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube HDR issues on ROG PHONE 3 STRIX

daniel10160058
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS - 1A002EU)
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2008.78
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: every single time I open youtube and play HDR videos
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Youtube latest version
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

You did not reply to my last request to check the camera issue I have, you can still do that.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36846/asus-rog-phone-3-strix-stutter-while-shooting-4k-60fps/...

So, about the Youtube issue I have. Whenever I launch HDR content on Youtube the screen becomes dimmer, like having the NIght mode filter switched on and all the contrast goes away. No deep blacks, no saturation at all, like having an IPS panel... Guys, please fix that, this is ridicilous. I tried switching to different screen color settings from the color settings of the phone itself, nothing changes that. It's happening only when watching HDR content in youtube, in Netflix all is okay, same with Amazon Prime. I compared my Huawei mate 20 Pro to my ASUS ROG PHONE STRIX while running HDR in youtube, guys, because of this overlay dimming effect, your panel looks more like an IPS display, which is really sad. Please fix and check my previous problem too.
@Anders_ASUS @laura@laura @Victor01_ASUS @CH_ASUS
@Titan_ASUS
4 REPLIES 4

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass it on. 🙂

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
daniel10160058

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Rog Phone 3 Strix (ZS661KS - 1A002EU)
  2. Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2008.78
  3. Rooted or not: NO
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every single time I open youtube and play HDR videos
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Youtube latest version

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

You did not reply to my last request to check the camera issue I have, you can still do that.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36846/asus-rog-phone-3-strix-stutter-while-shooting-4k-60fps/...

So, about the Youtube issue I have. Whenever I launch HDR content on Youtube the screen becomes dimmer, like having the NIght mode filter switched on and all the contrast goes away. No deep blacks, no saturation at all, like having an IPS panel... Guys, please fix that, this is ridicilous. I tried switching to different screen color settings from the color settings of the phone itself, nothing changes that. It's happening only when watching HDR content in youtube, in Netflix all is okay, same with Amazon Prime. I compared my Huawei mate 20 Pro to my ASUS ROG PHONE STRIX while running HDR in youtube, guys, because of this overlay dimming effect, your panel looks more like an IPS display, which is really sad. Please fix and check my previous problem too.

@Anders_ASUS @laura@laura @Victor01_ASUS @CH_ASUS

@Titan_ASUS

Youtube HDR issues on ROG PHONE 3 STRIX
Youtube HDR normalizes the brightness and colors per default. This is expected behaviour

daniel10160058
Star II
Strange,it doesn't happen on other Android devices I have(Oled screens that also support hdr). And when it happens on my Rog phone 3,the deep blacks become dark gray and white turns in to a warm white tone hue,instead of bright white color. This changes the whole experience,it seems like it is an auto trigger which dims the display and shift the color hue upon watchnig hdr content on youtube on my ROG Phone 3. It never ever happened on any other OLED android device I had. If there is an option to disengage that overlay dim and color hue shift effect on YouTube it would be great.

alexdwiartha
Star II

this also happened on my zenfone 9