This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Asus, Its really a shame.

Droid
Star III
Rog 3, Such a great phone with great specs at low price when compared to other flagships.
Phone was released in August and its October now. The display issues keep getting worse with each update.
Display is the Most important part of a Smartphone, If its not good then what is the point of all the other great features. How can customers enjoy the other great features if the display is so bad.
ASUS, Please understand that customers are not beta testers.
What i know and agreed before purchasing this phone :
1.No IP rating.
2.Average Camera
3.Bulky and Heavy device.
4.No wireless charging / Reverse wireless charging.
5.No Headphone jack.
What is did not sign up for :
1.Heavy black crush issues.
2.Heavy Screen Smearing.
3.Most android apps stutters even at 144hz.
4.Display looks so grainy at low brightness in high refresh rates.

Really sad that i had to return this great device and get refund just because of display issues. Asus seem to have no plans to permanently fix the problems. In the name of fixing this display problem, Asus is practically making every Rog 3 user a Beta tester.
This is such a bad experience, In the future i will have to think twice before i purchase any device from Asus.
Goodbye Asus
26 REPLIES 26

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121959#Comment_121959

Never the intention, I couldn't care less what you are thinking. I just want to make sure that people don't listen to your ranting, hence I took the time to debunk all your nonsense so that people don't cause a ranting storm just because a random hater went on a rampage on these forums crying about things he has no clue about. And the fact that you considered yourself a "fan" 5 months ago only applies to the theory that you're an emotional person that doesn't seem to be able to think rationally once they go through you.

Just a word of advice from me to you, stop thinking with your emotions, try to think rationally. Read carefully what I wrote in this topic and ask yourself if what I wrote actually makes sense. Stop being a fan of anything, there is no company that does everything right, you'll only have unrealistic expectations and dissapoint yourself. When I buy a product I have very real expectations given the company I buy it from because I do research beforehand and know what I get myself into. I knew the rog3 would have some issues at release, my expectations were actually worse than what I got, aside from 2 major issues the phone is working as it should. Also, you might want to consider your role in society, nobody wants to change your opinion on anything, frankly nobody really cares what you think, unless you're a Asus technician.

View post
I would vouch on that if you wouldn't call i ranting. I am an rog 2 user and dont actually own rog 3 and you can check out my posts and reply of mods on my posts then you will get to know why i am being super shitty to asus because they deserve it for fake promises to rog 2 users. They say they will consider fixing major issues and new features that we suggest every month but what we get in updates? Hebrew text, pokemon go. Who tf reports these issues!!! There are 100s of posts telling asus major bugs and issues and they still exist while no posts were made regarding hebrew text. I would agree you are trying to keep people from fake news but thats the truth, asus is actually worse than you think. I would leave it up to you to decide to support asus or not but in future you will see what i mean when asus will be on verge of releasing rog 4 which i think will be released in 2021. Imagine getting a phone which is just an year old and getting treated like this. Shame on asus for doing this to us, bought phones with high expectations and it worked like what i expected but in months asus showed that they dont care what we say. First issue i reported was sound delay which got progressively worse after every update and currently this phone has 300 ms delay while recording which is massive!!!!!!! Do not tell me other phones have it because even oneplus 6 which is very old compared to rog 2 does not have this issue. Go see rog 2 forum and you will see why i hate asus and its fanboys. You had the most understandable reply out of all fanboys hence i understand your aim is good, to save customers from fake news but whatever i said wasnt fake about oneplus. I own oneplus 8 and i have experienced the fixes.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121966#Comment_121966

I would vouch on that if you wouldn't call i ranting. I am an rog 2 user and dont actually own rog 3 and you can check out my posts and reply of mods on my posts then you will get to know why i am being super shitty to asus because they deserve it for fake promises to rog 2 users. They say they will consider fixing major issues and new features that we suggest every month but what we get in updates? Hebrew text, pokemon go. Who tf reports these issues!!! There are 100s of posts telling asus major bugs and issues and they still exist while no posts were made regarding hebrew text. I would agree you are trying to keep people from fake news but thats the truth, asus is actually worse than you think. I would leave it up to you to decide to support asus or not but in future you will see what i mean when asus will be on verge of releasing rog 4 which i think will be released in 2021. Imagine getting a phone which is just an year old and getting treated like this. Shame on asus for doing this to us, bought phones with high expectations and it worked like what i expected but in months asus showed that they dont care what we say. First issue i reported was sound delay which got progressively worse after every update and currently this phone has 300 ms delay while recording which is massive!!!!!!! Do not tell me other phones have it because even oneplus 6 which is very old compared to rog 2 does not have this issue. Go see rog 2 forum and you will see why i hate asus and its fanboys. You had the most understandable reply out of all fanboys hence i understand your aim is good, to save customers from fake news but whatever i said wasnt fake about oneplus. I own oneplus 8 and i have experienced the fixes.

View post
Well all the more reason why you may not hate on the rog3 forums then if you don't even own the phone. I want you to understand something very crucial, I'm something very rare, and that is a unbiased person. Honestly, there are tons of people who would consider me an asus hater because i keep crapping on Asus's motherboards that arent their top of the line ROG and older notebooks, but I'm simply being honest and objective. Now you calling me a fanboy is still utterly amusing. And I'm sorry to dissapoint, but I just don't really care or know much about the rog2 because I don't own one. I cannot care about all phones as it would mean I would do nothing but support people on all existing phone forums.
And as I already told you, the OP8pro is in a disasterious state, I don't know about the OP8, but that doesnt matter because the OP8 isnt even flagship, it's just higher middle end while the OP8 pro is the flagship with issues.
If you promise me to stop crying on the rog3 forums and start acting like an adult while making a topic on the rog2 forums accuratly explain your issue, then I might look into it, like I looked into the Rog3's black crush causes, because frankly I don't know what you mean with sound delay and would need more information about it.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121976#Comment_121976

Well all the more reason why you may not hate on the rog3 forums then if you don't even own the phone. I want you to understand something very crucial, I'm something very rare, and that is a unbiased person. Honestly, there are tons of people who would consider me an asus hater because i keep crapping on Asus's motherboards that arent their top of the line ROG and older notebooks, but I'm simply being honest and objective. Now you calling me a fanboy is still utterly amusing. And I'm sorry to dissapoint, but I just don't really care or know much about the rog2 because I don't own one. I cannot care about all phones as it would mean I would do nothing but support people on all existing phone forums.

And as I already told you, the OP8pro is in a disasterious state, I don't know about the OP8, but that doesnt matter because the OP8 isnt even flagship, it's just higher middle end while the OP8 pro is the flagship with issues.

If you promise me to stop crying on the rog3 forums and start acting like an adult while making a topic on the rog2 forums accuratly explain your issue, then I might look into it, like I looked into the Rog3's black crush causes, because frankly I don't know what you mean with sound delay and would need more information about it.

View post
You may open my profile and look posts from 2019 and in january 2020. Now no one bother to report the sound delay while recording issue because asus just doesnt care. A 3rd party recorder records device sound without any delay but inbuilt recorder is broke for those who play fast pace games like pubg or games that require sound to detect enemy. You just cannot use the inbuilt recorder. No new things are bought since A10 patch, only fixes in which most of them aren't even faced by anyone of forum. People keep suggesting feature and keep suggesting bug fixes but asus kept ignoring it. Only mods reply to them and their reply is either service center or they will look into it but they never fix any issues. I downgraded rog 2 to a9 because of serious heat issue which is now fixed but it was causing my phone to be unusable. Thats the only issue that asus fixed on user's complaint.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121976#Comment_121976

View post
I also tried to help those who face issues and made several posts regarding issues faced by multiple users and the issues are never fixed. Only option to get an almost bugfree software in rog 2 is downgrade to a9 currently.

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
For me at least my phone charges fine, screen not perfect at lowest brightness but overall it was fine.
Screen can be better, my one year old sony with 60hz oled screen is better at tuning the color, but for the price I paid rog 3 I know it's not top of the line screen or else I would buy like the new sony 5 ii, 120hz, 240 hz touch sampling, also has slow charge and bypass charge, but no fan, less storage. I'm sure the screen must be better.
Asus has area to improve, hoping for the new update (maybe even android 11), but right now I do not feel it's terribly bad product or feel cheated or anything.
But next asus can you put a higher end screen, maybe from sharp, I am ok with less storage like 256g not 512g and just give us sd card expansion. After using the same screen manufacture for 3 generations of rog, it's time to not cheap out on screen, I'm sure buyers at gaming level have the $$ for good screen.