echua168
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: AS ZS661KS ROG Phone 3 512G/12G
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My Screen Suddenly Stopped working and it was just less than a month of use. The Service Center told me it was my fault even though the unit has not been dropped. Unit is also skin wrapped with tempered glass and also using the original ROG led case. They told me there is a tiny hairline crack inside which hardly visible to the naked eye. The technician even removed my tempered glass to find the crack which i did not know how it got there. They insist on charging me an insane amount of money to fix this as they said it is not covered by the warranty. I really did not expect asus to try and deflect from honoring the warranty on their product. It seems the quality of asus product have really degraded. It seems they have quality control issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@echua168 I have sent you a PM.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You're touching on a very problematic thing here, the warranty does NOT cover physical damage to the product, this goes for ALL smartphones not only Asus. You don't have to drop the phone to crack the screen, it's also enough to have tight jeans and apply a lot of pressure on the phone itself. It does sound like a physical damage thing, however it could be manufacturing error, as seen with the S20 ultra glas on their cameras, that being said u'd have to make a case for why it could possibly be an issue caused by a manufacturers defect, it doesn't need to be proof, it just needs to be an explanation as to how it could happen without external force, then the burden of proof would lie on the service center.

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Same thing happen with me. Almost one month passed away but still waiting for my device very frustrating service by Asus. They don't even have Spare display in India for quicker repair. What a shame !!! Did everything like email, tweeting..calling evern to Asus CEO feedback forum. But nothing works.......... I now regretting investing in this shitty device. Phone almost fell down from 1 feet height, not a single scratch but local care center told me they will cost me if its damaged from inside. What a Mess!
@ARP_ASUS please look into matter. For a very cheap display panels. At least try to improve ur quality control in production.
2-nd-status.jpg