This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Asus, Its really a shame.

Droid
Star III
Rog 3, Such a great phone with great specs at low price when compared to other flagships.
Phone was released in August and its October now. The display issues keep getting worse with each update.
Display is the Most important part of a Smartphone, If its not good then what is the point of all the other great features. How can customers enjoy the other great features if the display is so bad.
ASUS, Please understand that customers are not beta testers.
What i know and agreed before purchasing this phone :
1.No IP rating.
2.Average Camera
3.Bulky and Heavy device.
4.No wireless charging / Reverse wireless charging.
5.No Headphone jack.
What is did not sign up for :
1.Heavy black crush issues.
2.Heavy Screen Smearing.
3.Most android apps stutters even at 144hz.
4.Display looks so grainy at low brightness in high refresh rates.

Really sad that i had to return this great device and get refund just because of display issues. Asus seem to have no plans to permanently fix the problems. In the name of fixing this display problem, Asus is practically making every Rog 3 user a Beta tester.
This is such a bad experience, In the future i will have to think twice before i purchase any device from Asus.
Goodbye Asus
26 REPLIES 26

MV
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

Goodbye, you won't be missed.

Sorry to say but there is no high end device without issues. I keep telling people and will still keep telling people this, if you purchase a newly released high end device, there will be issues and you will feel like a beta tester, because that's what you're signing up for when purchasing a newly released device.

NVIDIA RTX buyers have to deal with crashes on their cards, OP8 users have to deal with software issues and black crush, S20 ultra users have to deal with their camera glass breaking and extremely heavy battery drain and so on, if you don't want to feel like a beta tester, purchase a phone that has been released for at the very least 6-12months and see if there are any issues.

View post
Its his choice selling the phone. You are happy with the smartphone, good for you. And for everyone else this is a forum for raising issues, and share them even if the device is purchased on a presale. It never came with a tag of bad screen like the note 7 didn't came with a tag of being a bomb. Its what that comes after in form of support from OEM. ASUS is/might be doing their part. Some can wait, some don't so they lash out. No harm in that.

KKP
Star III
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121656#Comment_121656

Its his choice selling the phone. You are happy with the smartphone, good for you. And for everyone else this is a forum for raising issues, and share them even if the device is purchased on a presale. It never came with a tag of bad screen like the note 7 didn't came with a tag of being a bomb. Its what that comes after in form of support from OEM. ASUS is/might be doing their part. Some can wait, some don't so they lash out. No harm in that.

View post
Note 7 = Bomb... I laughed out loudly on this!!!

MV
Rising Star II
KKP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121691#Comment_121691

Note 7 = Bomb... I laughed out loudly on this!!!

View post
Then how to put. Calls on fire, self destructing phone, bomb etc. 😂😂 any analogy is hilarious. Guess what, samy might not have had a laughter on this. Thats why we are not seeing bigger batteries on their flagships anymore till now. May be when graphene is out.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121656#Comment_121656

We are paying money for performance which we are not getting, we are not paying money for lag and screen issues. Asus is one of the worst companies with fanboys like you to support and encourage them for being lazy. Also we paid money so we have right to comment and complain of flaws of device. You are no one to say that every high end phone has issues, oneplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?

View post
Calling someone Asus fanboy who keeps ripping on Asus strix watered down garbage VRM boards and asking Asus every time what the *** they were thinking about when making the ROG Rampage VI Apex is hysterical.
The difference between you and me is that I can stay objective and you can not. As I mentioned in the very post you quoted, not only Asus struggles with a good launch, infact it's very common everywhere. Now lets test your statements shall we?
neplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?
Iphone:
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/10/apple-iphone-11-pro-max-display-green-tint-ios-13-upgrade-problems/#dc379921782c
Issue found mai, 5 months later, still not fixed and apple has not the slightest clue if this is hardware or software related. Nor seem to care at all.

Samsung:
phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-and-other-high-end-models-suffering-from-battery-draining-issues_id127318
From S10 (released feb 2019) to this date, battery drain still not fixed.
forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2020/04/30/galaxy-s20-ultra-users-report-serious-unfixable-problem-shattered-camera-lenses/#545762bd7892
Glass literally breaking, unfixable without replacing the actual glass

Oneplus 8 Pro:
forums.oneplus.com/threads/low-brightness-issue-oneplus-8-pro.1315932/
Oneplus "green tint fix", literally making it impossible to lower the brightness to a level that doesn't eyerape. If Asus were to implement this type of fix you'd be the first making a thread here saying Asus is a sh** company for making it impossible to lower brightness level like before to avoid red tint.
Not to mention punchhole issues (actual hardware defect) and black crush not fixed.
Hell, Oneplus makes Asus screen issues seem like perfecly acceptable screens:
techietech.tech/oneplus-8-pro-display-issues/

You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and are completely unaware of other brands issues. You just want to rip at Asus because you had unrealistic expectations. I repeat again, If you want a bug free experience, buy a flagship that has been around for a while.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121684#Comment_121684

Calling someone Asus fanboy who keeps ripping on Asus strix watered down garbage VRM boards and asking Asus every time what the *** they were thinking about when making the ROG Rampage VI Apex is hysterical.

The difference between you and me is that I can stay objective and you can not. As I mentioned in the very post you quoted, not only Asus struggles with a good launch, infact it's very common everywhere. Now lets test your statements shall we?

neplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?

Iphone:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/10/apple-iphone-11-pro-max-display-green-tint-ios-13-upgrade-problems/#dc379921782c

Issue found mai, 5 months later, still not fixed and apple has not the slightest clue if this is hardware or software related. Nor seem to care at all.

Samsung:

phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-and-other-high-end-models-suffering-from-battery-draining-issues_id127318

From S10 (released feb 2019) to this date, battery drain still not fixed.

forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2020/04/30/galaxy-s20-ultra-users-report-serious-unfixable-problem-shattered-camera-lenses/#545762bd7892

Glass literally breaking, unfixable without replacing the actual glass

Oneplus 8 Pro:

forums.oneplus.com/threads/low-brightness-issue-oneplus-8-pro.1315932/

Oneplus "green tint fix", literally making it impossible to lower the brightness to a level that doesn't eyerape. If Asus were to implement this type of fix you'd be the first making a thread here saying Asus is a sh** company for making it impossible to lower brightness level like before to avoid red tint.

Not to mention punchhole issues (actual hardware defect) and black crush not fixed.

Hell, Oneplus makes Asus screen issues seem like perfecly acceptable screens:

techietech.tech/oneplus-8-pro-display-issues/

You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and are completely unaware of other brands issues. You just want to rip at Asus because you had unrealistic expectations. I repeat again, If you want a bug free experience, buy a flagship that has been around for a while.

View post
Bug free is other thing and unsuable is other. People phones stops charging, shuts down or even does not turn on and for that you need to go to service center even though this issue is for most of the people. Other thing is i am using oneplus 8 and oneplus nord myself and i have seen changes in their updates, they have improved alot since their latest patch in terms of green tint. Also in iphone i mentioned software related issue not screen related, coming up with samsung phone, i have seen most of recent samsung devices has least amount of screen issues after their latest update. I dont own a samsung phone but i can tell that they have been improving.