This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About crashing issues

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
This thread is to highlight the crashing issue that has plagued Zenfone 6 since the 167 FOTA update. Please, whoever is having this issue, leave a comment stating the same under this thread so the mods stop shunning this issue away as a hardware problem. Let them know that people are having this issue. 

The reason behind this being stated as a hardware problem is probably to extort people of their one and only free hardware repair covered under warranty. Please don't let this happen. The phone as I count has crashed 47 times today itself. How much do you expect me to bear? Your phone has a shitty resale value so I can't easily sell this and buy the good old OnePlus (An option which I am really starting to consider seriously let me tell you)
21 REPLIES 21

girishsonu2000
Rising Star II
CH_ASUS said:
Hi all
Our developers are investigating the issue that you are facing on .167.
For now, we have issued Version WW-16.1220.1906.174 a few days ago - are you still experiencing the same issues?

Br
CH
after .167 phone is completely switched off not even responding or charging . 
its current condition is no better than a brick

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all, 

For extra precaution, we have skipped .167 FOTA and users will go directly to .174. 
For those of you who are facing issues, please first update to .174 , if the issues persist (such as endless reboots, random crashes) please contact your local Asus service channel for warranty related service. 

For those suffering with a "bricked" ZenFone6 following a FOTA, or any other out-of-your-doing issue, obviously updating to .174 will not be possible, as such please also contact your local Asus service channel for service help., 

We are continuing to studying these particular issues. 

As a general note; our recommendation is to always keep the phone up to date - so far we have issued .174. 
Manual download link here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.174-1.1.1-user.zi... 

We're very sorry this happened to your devices and hope for a swift resolution, regardless it being an update or a warranty repair. 

Br 
CH

nikhil_sen93
Star III
Hey guys i had this problem 20 days back... i gave it to the service center they said that they can't fix the issue so they will have to ship it to asus and it will take 14 days to solve the problem. Now i received my phone where they said that the issue was resolved but crap... my phone is in the same damn condition crashed twice and now its not evening booting. The phone restarted and now it's stuck on the asus logo... I am not even able to force shut down or restart the phone from this asus logo. I genuinely regret buying this phone. I am going to give it back to them and if the issue is not resolved i will raise a complaint in the consumer court for refunding the amount as that is the only alternative i think is possible as the overall asus after sales service is terrible...

Dhana
Star I
Hello @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS , planning to buy zenfone 6 and have been checking zentalk for a couple of days . I find many people complaining about frequent restarts and their phone ending up in dead state after the new FOTA .167 update , what will be your suggestions , can I go for it or wait till the issue gets resolved ?  and i am from India

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dhana said:
Hello @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS , planning to buy zenfone 6 and have been checking zentalk for a couple of days . I find many people complaining about frequent restarts and their phone ending up in dead state after the new FOTA .167 update , what will be your suggestions , can I go for it or wait till the issue gets resolved ?  and i am from India
Hi
It is about 10 individuals here which have had defective units. We are not blocking repairs if there is a proper cause for it and so far it does seem the individuals who are bringing their faulty units back to service are getting them replaced.

FOTA .167 is also disabled and users will go to .174.

Br
CH