System:
Battery or AC: Both
Model: GL731GT-BB71-CB
Frequency of occurrence: Always.
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Basically, my laptop's built in display shows up only as a 'Generic PnP Monitor' and gives me only 3D options in the Nvidia control panel-- but when I connect my old Toshiba television set, the laptop EASILY identifies it as a Toshiba etc etc, and gives me the full suite of options, and allows me to use the GTX 1650 whereas the monitor BUILT INTO my GAMING laptop utterly refuses to use anything but the intel processor. Since it's utterly preposterous that a company would make a gaming laptop with a GPU that it.... can't use... I assume there's a fix.
agndkgja.png

3 REPLIES 3

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
install
Bryt
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: GL731GT-BB71-CB
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always.
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Basically, my laptop's built in display shows up only as a 'Generic PnP Monitor' and gives me only 3D options in the Nvidia control panel-- but when I connect my old Toshiba television set, the laptop EASILY identifies it as a Toshiba etc etc, and gives me the full suite of options, and allows me to use the GTX 1650 whereas the monitor BUILT INTO my GAMING laptop utterly refuses to use anything but the intel processor. Since it's utterly preposterous that a company would make a gaming laptop with a GPU that it.... can't use... I assume there's a fix.

agndkgja.png

Unable to use GPU with built-in Monitor
install latest intel graphics dch driver from below site
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29904/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=80939

Bryt
Star I
So I downloaded the driver via the provided link, but now I seem to be stuck in an installation loop where the installer restarts my system and then the installation dialogue box comes up again and starts the whole process anew. I'm sure this is a general windows issue, as per some googling I did, but seeing as how you've been so helpful thus far I was wondering if you could weigh in on what my next step would be.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Bryt

So I downloaded the driver via the provided link, but now I seem to be stuck in an installation loop where the installer restarts my system and then the installation dialogue box comes up again and starts the whole process anew. I'm sure this is a general windows issue, as per some googling I did, but seeing as how you've been so helpful thus far I was wondering if you could weigh in on what my next step would be.

View post

boot the windows into safe mode..use
display driver uninstaller software, completely remove intel drivers..
then restart windows, boot the windows into normal mode
now monitor will use default driver to display..
now go to intel website, download .zip file, unzip the file, use Device manager install intel GPU driver choose display graphics folder.