Revert to older firmware?

reuben4k
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus-l003dd
Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2008.78
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: consistently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NETFLIX VERSION 7.75.1 BUILD 26 35131
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,

Since updating to the most recent firmware I can no longer stream videos on Netflix in HD quality. I know for sure when I was on firmware version 58 it was working fine at widevine L1. Would it be possible to revert back to 58 firmware? I do not mind having to factory reset my phone to do so.
screenshot-20201005-113831872.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

reuben4k
Star III
Thanks for acknowledging my issue!

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@reuben4k We've tested several international devices and they all work fine (Widevine L1, HDR support). Your issue might be caused by the fact that you have Tencent-branded device flashed with worldwide firmware, meaning it has been rooted by your reseller sometime in the past. Troubleshooting issues with this configuration is a mess, which is why we strongly recommend users to steer clear from it.
I'll check around some more and get back to you if a solution is found though.

reuben4k
Star III
The issue was not present when I was on. . 58 firmware, it only presented after updating the firmware to 78

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@reuben4k It might still be caused by your configuration, even if the issue manifested itself following the latest firmware update.

reuben4k
Star III
For now is it possible to revert back to 58 firmware? If so how do I go about doing it? At least with .58 firmware I had no issues apart from black crush.