Camera issue persists despite multiple RMA's

silentpl83
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 10
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Original camera app 6.4.0.0_200724

The wide angle camera keeps producing blurry photos in the center, despite 2 RMA's. During the first one, the motherboard was replaced. During the second one, the technician didn't leave any notes in the solution section of the paperwork. The phone came back second time, with the same problem. I contacted support but apparently "the technician could not reproduce the error with the webcam after a software update. The focus issue isn't that visible in close up photos but anything further than a meter and the issue is starting to occurr. It's not the whole photo, but a circle in the centre. See below photo.
At this point I can't see what else, besides replacing the camera module they can do. Perhaps it's easier to send me a new device?
Anyways, I filled out a third RMA request.
p-20200917-170004.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
silentpl83

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

Model Name: Zenfone 6

Firmware Version: 10

Rooted or not: No

Frequency of Occurrence: Every time

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Original camera app 6.4.0.0_200724

The wide angle camera keeps producing blurry photos in the center, despite 2 RMA's. During the first one, the motherboard was replaced. During the second one, the technician didn't leave any notes in the solution section of the paperwork. The phone came back second time, with the same problem. I contacted support but apparently "the technician could not reproduce the error with the webcam after a software update. The focus issue isn't that visible in close up photos but anything further than a meter and the issue is starting to occurr. It's not the whole photo, but a circle in the centre. See below photo.

At this point I can't see what else, besides replacing the camera module they can do. Perhaps it's easier to send me a new device?

Anyways, I filled out a third RMA request.

p-20200917-170004.jpg

Camera issue persists despite multiple RMA's
I hope you got it sorted out with your third RMA? Sorry about the inconvenience