cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
skailash2001

Bro @nightmaster552 I just watched your video completely, and it was a very good explanation. I wanna appreciate you taking the time to explain the issue. Thanks for this.

And @Gustav_ASUS and all other mods, if you are ever thinking that asking us users to calibrate our own displays ( even at every brightness level ) is asking too much of us, don't. I ( I can only speak for myself ) am completely ready to fully calibrate my display ( even if it takes hours ). I also think asking us to do it ourselves is far better than what we have right now. As you would probably know what to do by now, please do it as soon as possible.

THANK YOU.

View post
Sidenote, letting users calibrate the gamma level also has the nice side effect that those who prefer 2.4 over 2.2 get to enjoy their screens more as well. I prefer color accuracy, but some might want to have slightly different values, whatever the case may be, I think this could make everyone extremely happy.

wojtekmarchewka
Rising Star I
@nightmaster552
Well done. This is what I meant when I wrote to stay on the old rom because dissatisfied people (from netflix) put too much pressure on Asus. And they began to act in a hurry and in the dark, fixing one, breaking the other. For me on the Asus Poland website, There are no new updates, and the last one is from August 3, 2020. I am waiting patiently, although I sold about 30 pieces of ROG 3, no one has reported the problem to me, staying on the old rom for now (they probably don't watch Netflix 😁)

skailash2001
Rising Star I
@nightmaster552 Hi bro. Any luck on finding a solution? If you have not tried anything, I request you to do so. Even though there might be a fix from ASUS ( or not ), if you can find a solution that can also help them. Thanks.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
skailash2001

@nightmaster552 Hi bro. Any luck on finding a solution? If you have not tried anything, I request you to do so. Even though there might be a fix from ASUS ( or not ), if you can find a solution that can also help them. Thanks.

View post
I could start making a solution right now, that being said I won't, as I would have to root the phone (lose warranty) and spend time that I don't have as I do work etc. If the issue still persists when I lose warranty then I'll create an application that will fix it, altho it will require root.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Ok@nightmaster552 . I don't mind having to root if it can fix such a big issue. But anyways, let's wait and see what ASUS do.