mohammed98221
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS661KS
Firmware Version: WW .78
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google assistant
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Whenever I trigger google assistant using hot-words like "hey google" or "OK google" the assistant appears but it doesn't respond to any requests. The microphone seems to turn off after the assistant appears. It doesn't matter if the phone is locked or unlocked. This does not happen when I swipe from bottom corner of screen or squeeze to call assistant. Is this a bug or am I missing some setting?
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mohammed98221 Google Assistant has a habit of acting up in strange ways. To start, see if this works:
Go into Google Maps -> Settings -> Navigation settings -> "Hey Google" detection -> Make sure Hey Google is enabled.
Reboot your phone, double-check that the setting is enabled and try again.

mohammed98221
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@mohammed98221 Google Assistant has a habit of acting up in strange ways. To start, see if this works:

Go into Google Maps -> Settings -> Navigation settings -> "Hey Google" detection -> Make sure Hey Google is enabled.

Reboot your phone, double-check that the setting is enabled and try again.

View post
Thanks. The setting is enabled and I've tried rebooting it a few times and the setting stays enabled. It detects "Hey google" but then doesn't respond at all. The little coloured dots animation that shows when it detects sounds don't move.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
mohammed98221

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121583#Comment_121583

Thanks. The setting is enabled and I've tried rebooting it a few times and the setting stays enabled. It detects "Hey google" but then doesn't respond at all. The little coloured dots animation that shows when it detects sounds don't move.

View post
Good to know. Do you have any BT devices connected? Earphones specifically, they act like kryptonite for Assistant in my experience.

mohammed98221
Star III
I've just tried it with bluetooth on and off and I get the same result. After shouting "ok google" at it for almost 5 minutes I got it to work once. But strangely the microphone started working after about 5 seconds. I haven't been able to recreate that no matter how long I wait.