cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0
Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.
I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.
Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.
82 REPLIES 82

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Yeah I agree with you. I am using it on 90hz too and I am enjoying the phone very much. In some areas no other phone can match this. Now there is nothing left to do other than waiting. Thanks.

sireeshmeets
Star I
nightmaster552

Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.

I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.

nightmaster552

I got black crush even on 60 hz, what should I do, should I listen to your motivational speech. It seems you would not have bought with your own money... Just stop your nonsense, we are at least expecting acknowledgement from ASUS.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
sireeshmeets

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37061/black-crush-explained-rog3-op-8

I got black crush even on 60 hz, what should I do, should I listen to your motivational speech. It seems you would not have bought with your own money... Just stop your nonsense, we are at least expecting acknowledgement from ASUS.

View post
Did he say that black crush Is related to the refresh rate of the screen?no, he said that the black crush issue is related to the brightness of the display.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sireeshmeets

View post
Nice to see that you didn't bother watching the video. Not only did I explain this is caused by brightness level, but the idea that I didn't even purchase it with my own money is extremely strange.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
Bro @nightmaster552 I just watched your video completely, and it was a very good explanation. I wanna appreciate you taking the time to explain the issue. Thanks for this.
And @Gustav_ASUS and all other mods, if you are ever thinking that asking us users to calibrate our own displays ( even at every brightness level ) is asking too much of us, don't. I ( I can only speak for myself ) am completely ready to fully calibrate my display ( even if it takes hours ). I also think asking us to do it ourselves is far better than what we have right now. As you would probably know what to do by now, please do it as soon as possible.
THANK YOU.