This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen blackout caused by high GPU usage (Genshin Impact)

eugeneus_genius
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: WW_16.0631.1910.64_0
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: VERY FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Genshin Impact. v1.0.0_1112729_1135452 may have impact on other GPU intensive game
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Playing Genshin Impact the other day with the highest settings with 60fps.
Turned on realtime info and measured these parameter:
Device temp: <40°
Cpu usage: 20-50%
GPU usage: 70-90%
Screen black out when GPU usage reaches >70% usage. Device temperature is about 38°. To reset - lock screen and let GPU rest then unlock and resume gaming. Unplayable at highest settings.
Tried the settings on medium setting with 30fps. Once the GPU usage reaches a >70% screen will blackout within 1min.
Tried this with lowest settings with 30fps. GPU usage: 40-50% Have not experienced any blackouts using lowest settings. Have been playing with lowest settings since. Not acceptable considering rog 2 is a gaming phone.
*I am aware of the closed thread about screen blackout and the advice that we users are suppose to send the device to sc. However that issue is related to device temp: my issue is GPU usage related. So I'm opening this thread for awareness and discussion.

14 REPLIES 14

eugeneus_genius
Star II

Kanu
Rising Star II
Can you please provide the profile you use in armoury crate for this game? It'll be helpful as I'm not able to get stable 60 fps at high settings

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Can you link to the closed thread please? I would like to look more into it as someone has asked me to.

eugeneus_genius
Star II
Kanu

Can you please provide the profile you use in armoury crate for this game? It'll be helpful as I'm not able to get stable 60 fps at high settings

View post
I did not use any game profile for this game. I used the default game profile settings. Only thing is I change in game graphics settings and this occurred.