This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 2 ....Phone shutting off after 1 min of plugging in via charging by charger or bank

I own an Asus Rog Phone 2 .......I noticed suddenly that my phone is beginning to shut down everytime I plug-in through charger (original) or my asus power bank........the charging itself is fast and normal...but it keeps on shutting down...and continues to charge....no matter what I am doing (playing games...watching videos...songs)....is there any solution...(there is no hardware problem already chkd out)

5 REPLIES 5

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sanchitsoni485

I own an Asus Rog Phone 2 .......I noticed suddenly that my phone is beginning to shut down everytime I plug-in through charger (original) or my asus power bank........the charging itself is fast and normal...but it keeps on shutting down...and continues to charge....no matter what I am doing (playing games...watching videos...songs)....is there any solution...(there is no hardware problem already chkd out)

Asus Rog Phone 2 ....Phone shutting off after 1 min of plugging in via charging by charger or bank
Does it happen without the charger?
The advice for restarts and shutdowns is to take your phone to service centre. There's nothing from a software point of view otherwise, it will be everyone facing the problem.

eugeneus_genius
Star II
Try using a cable that does not support fast charge.
Cable that do not support fast charge could be a USB with white inner lining. Or use a USBA + USBC adapter cable and see if this solve your issue.

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37016/asus-rog-phone-2-phone-shutting-off-after-1-min-of-plug...

Does it happen without the charger?

The advice for restarts and shutdowns is to take your phone to service centre. There's nothing from a software point of view otherwise, it will be everyone facing the problem.

View post
Happening same with me too, frequent shutdown and restart problem.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Gaurav ROGII

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120755#Comment_120755

Happening same with me too, frequent shutdown and restart problem.

View post
You should also visit service centre when it is safe and convenient. Moderators have already said this is the advice.