This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Crashing and Network Problems AFTER 167 OTA!!!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, this issue has been shared by multiple users and I haven't seen any assuring replies that it is being worked on. The issue is that the phone has started randomly crashing out of nowhere in no particular situation. It's been twice that the phone has crashed while I was sleeping. After crashing the phone attemps to reboot but is stuck in the reboot logo for 2-3 attempts (The "Powered by Android" and "Asus" logos, you know that the current attempt is successful once you see those bouncy dots underneath Asus logo). Secondly, sometimes the WiFi and Network keep connecting and disconnecting again and again very fast. 
These two issues are being constantly reported by so many users, all of them with the added fact that "This issue started after 167 update" so please don't tell me to go to a service station as this is very clearly a software issue. I've read reports of a couple phones eventually dying after crashing randomly for 3-4 days. I feel like my phone has this time bomb too. Please fix this issue before more phones die out of ignorance

Here's the bug report : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hzMebc4QyrGqeiSC34w1YVtqSogoQt1/view?usp=drivesdk
29 REPLIES 29

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm really sorry but the solution to this issue is to contact the service center. The .167 update triggered a motherboard malfunction which only some units have had and it's natural that their owners find their way here.
"Fixing" it with software would only cover up a hardware related issue which will most likely popup later with some other update. You will get a new motherboard when you send it in and I'm sorry you were one of the affected people. You can discuss how to solve this as smoothly as possible with your service center.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
I'm really sorry but the solution to this issue is to contact the service center. The .167 update triggered a motherboard malfunction which only some units have had and it's natural that their owners find their way here.
"Fixing" it with software would only cover up a hardware related issue which will most likely popup later with some other update. You will get a new motherboard when you send it in and I'm sorry you were one of the affected people. You can discuss how to solve this as smoothly as possible with your service center.
Thankyou. Very reassuring. I know dude your job must be so tough hearing so many complaints and all. Brand new devices, when they get bugs, it just hurts. I'll take it to the centre. Hey but, what if the new motherboard is also faulty though? What do I do then?

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
Thankyou. Very reassuring. I know dude your job must be so tough hearing so many complaints and all. Brand new devices, when they get bugs, it just hurts. I'll take it to the centre. Hey but, what if the new motherboard is also faulty though? What do I do then?
If there is still a problem after replacing the motherboard, you still need to go to the service center to replace it again. If the replacement problem persists after many times, you can ask the service center to replace the brand new phone.

coderedcomputin
Star II
Any information on what "which only some units" refers to?  Any sort of SN# or production range to know if it is safe to run the 167 OTA?  I literally bought the phone this morning and now am seeing this HW error on these forums.  Probably safer to just cancel the order the way this is looking.