cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone hangs on its own and tries to switch on multiple times

lalithphani
Star II
Hi, 
The phone is frequently hanging on its own after the update. A white blank screen appears all of the sudden and switches off, tries to on multiple times like 6-7 times event after I see the home page, it again switches off. It happened me thrice a day and 15 min for the phone to be back to normal every time.
That's truly annoying. And yes! the call quality is also not so good. I can hear lot of background noises and the earphones when I answer a call gives me a strange noise sometimes. Please let me know when will it work properly without any issues!? 
8 REPLIES 8

metallus
Star II
I was just about to say that we have concluded that all these issues are hardware and not software even though some users have experienced these issues after they installed the latest update. It might seam like there are many with the same issue but it's mostly the same users posting again and again. If you count every unique user name, you see that there are about 10 users. My point is that even though it is unfortunate and we really want to help these customers, it is not a wide spread issue.  I can't comment on if you should have a new replacement or refund. That is up to your ASUS Service Center to decide.
I also have this problem. My 3-weeks-old Zenfone 6 (8GB RAM version, bought in official Asus store in Poland https://eshop.asus.com/pl-PL/) totally bricked itself without any reason.
Is there anything I can try doing to turn it on and backup my data before I send it to asus warranty service?

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

If you are experiencing issues with FW Version WW-16.1220.1906.167 please FOTA to Version WW-16.1220.1906.174 firstly as it was issued a few days ago.

Br
CH

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
metallus said:
I was just about to say that we have concluded that all these issues are hardware and not software even though some users have experienced these issues after they installed the latest update. It might seam like there are many with the same issue but it's mostly the same users posting again and again. If you count every unique user name, you see that there are about 10 users. My point is that even though it is unfortunate and we really want to help these customers, it is not a wide spread issue.  I can't comment on if you should have a new replacement or refund. That is up to your ASUS Service Center to decide.
I also have this problem. My 3-weeks-old Zenfone 6 (8GB RAM version, bought in official Asus store in Poland https://eshop.asus.com/pl-PL/) totally bricked itself without any reason.
Is there anything I can try doing to turn it on and backup my data before I send it to asus warranty service?

Hi
Please contact your local Asus hotline regarding any warranty services.
As to backup, unless you are able to boot up the device, it would be quite difficult unfortunately.

Br
CH

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all, 

For extra precaution, we have skipped .167 FOTA and users will go directly to .174. 
For those of you who are facing issues, please first update to .174 , if the issues persist (such as endless reboots, random crashes) please contact your local Asus service channel for service. 

For those suffering with a "bricked" ZenFone6 following a FOTA, or any other out-of-your-doing issue, obviously updating to .174 will not be possible, as such please also contact your local Asus service channel for service help., 

We are continuing to studying these particular issues. 

As a general note; our recommendation is to always keep the phone up to date - so far we have issued .174. 
Manual download link here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.174-1.1.1-user.zi... 

We're very sorry this happened to your devices and hope for a swift resolution, regardless it being an update or a warranty repair. 

Br 
CH