This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte will soon be required for TMobile

mosimchah
Rising Star I
According to Android police TMobile will require volte in January 2021 https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/23/t-mobile-will-soon-require-volte-on-all-phones-incomopatibl... this means that the Zenfone 6 won't work on tmobile anymore in just a few months, I know in the past the mods have said that volte on tmobile is not a priority but maybe it could be a priority now, or is Asus planning on having all TMobile users find a new phone?
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS
44 REPLIES 44

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I wonder if the decision by Asus to not release the Zenfone 7 in the US is a bad harbinger.

sedl23
Rising Star II
skylerwolfe

I wonder if the decision by Asus to not release the Zenfone 7 in the US is a bad harbinger.

View post
They said they didn't want to release it from what I read because it doesn't have the proper 5g bands for north America. I'm hoping they release a model that has bands specific for north America. Otherwise I'll have to look for a new phone.

petteyg359
Star III
Nobody gives a crap about 5G in this thread. People give a crap about being able to actually use their phones as phones. If it won't support VoLTE, why would you think it'll support whatever new protocol 5G uses for voice?

Maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit against Asus. It's ridiculous to buy a phone expecting it to work with a national cell service only to have to buy a new phone only a year later. I don't care how inexpensive it is, most people are not tech savvy enough to understand that volte would be necessary in order to keep using your phone. I'm sure that had everyone known this was going to be the inevitable result, Asus would NOT have sold one unit in the USA because they were selling a product that was already obsolete when it was put on the US market. They are enabling wifi in other countries. Why are they not following suit in the US??? This is an amazing piece of tech but if it doesn't work as a phone, it's basically bricked. I am always concerned that a company support their product for security and OS updates for at least two years. Who knew when I bought this phone that Asus wouldn't even guarantee that Is be able to just keep using it as a phone? We need VOLte enabled or we need to demand refunds. They've basically stolen our money for a device that didn't do what it was suppose to do.

eddyrocksband
Star III
I find it ridiculous that we need to wait for a yes or no answer for whether or not volte will be enabled. We should not have to wait this long for volte to be enabled. If Asus does not want to give us VOLTE, just SAY IT. Don't make everyone wait till next year just to find out that ASUS abandons and refuse to provide support volte functionality for US customers.