This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Pro M1 : Beta 4 (432) Major/Minor Bugs...

Boss1999
Star III
1. Model:- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
2. Version:- Android 10 V.432 (Beta 4)
3. Subject:- Major/Minor Bugs
Hello Asus Moderators,
As i used this Android 10 beta version 432... I found some Major Or Minor Bugs... According to your Choice...
(Note:- All Viewers, Tag Each and every Asus Moderators, So they will fix these bugs and bring proper stable update)
Bugs that i noticed, and made video proof...
1. Screen Brightness Issue
As mentioned, i recorded a video regarding Screen brightness issue... Basically the brightness was not working properly at outside, i was had to set full (100% brightness) for viewing in outdoor, please see the video👇👇👇
2. Navigation Gesture Gap Bug (Small Width dpi)
In this, the Android 10 navigation Gesture bar, was taking lot of space that it was looks like odd in manner... But it can be fixed by manually process just
Goto Settings -> About Phone -> (Find) Build Number -> Tap 6 to 7 times -> (Just Look for) Small Width (Default Value:- 423dpi) -> Change to 410 dpi
Problem solved... But asus should fix this in stable update, see PDF
3. Home Screen Widget (Google Search Bar)
In this, in Home screen the Google Search bar was unable to move it... But when i set and placed that widget, It was removed if it is a feature then ignore it... Otherwise Asus Should fix this bug
4. Huge Gap from bottom screen chin to home screen showing apps
In this bug, it was very odd and very irritating look problem... Why there is very big gap i didn't understand even in normal dpi width (423dpi) and as well as modified dpi width (410dpi)... It breaks the look of homescreen and looks very oddy look... Please Asus, fix it.
6-huge-gap-having-chin-to-apps.png
5. Google Playstore Downloading Problem
In Google Playstore, after downloading/updating from 5 to 6 apps it showing error messages and can't able to install that apps, on below attached PDF is the proof,
6. Navigation Bar At Normal Screen Vs. Navigation Bar at the time of running Keyboard
Here, i changed the dpi size from 423 to 410... And you can see the results on below attached PDF...
7. Drop-down Arrow while running Keyboard in wrong Alignment
Its nearly related to above mentioned bug (No. 6 Bug), but here's the problem regarding that drop-down arrow showing on bottom left side, see the image.
9-drop-down-alignment.png
8. Unwanted Settings Suggestions in Settings App
In this, in comparison from Beta 3 the rate of Settings Suggestions was decreased but... Same thing, added 2 new more suggestions are placed... And also can't removed it, i request you Asus please fix this problem... Please it looks like irritating
9. Camera App:- Photo Clicking while from Front Camera
It was the new bug that i found from this version, when i switched from Rear camera to from camera in photo mode while i turned on the flash... Then on front side it automatic glows and even i didn't clicked the capturing the photo... It was a serious bug asus Should fix it ASAP..., For more info. please see the video
10. Camera App:- Video recording automatically starts from switching Photo to Video Mode in Both Front And Rear Camera
Should i explaine, or you understand the heading... For more understanding please see the video... (Well I don't know that it was a feature or serious bug...) But Asus Should answer this
11. Sometimes the Apps Are not showing in App Drawer in Quickstep
This problem was happened with me one time only... But when i changed the Small width (from 410 dpi to 423 dpi)... And i set it to text size and display size to small... It was a bug... Asus Should Fix it.
13-apps-not-showing-in-quickstep.png
Extra Bugs... That I can't able to get the proof...
12. Apps Crashing frequently (Like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Etc) But fixed after restarting/reboot the device.
13. Charging time slowly decreased from 4hrs to 3hrs 30min. But need to fix more... like it should be 2hrs 45 min. To 3 hrs. (All users are demanding for this thing)
14. Need a little bit more improvement in Sound quality (from 20 to 30%) both in Speaker and headphones/earphones... Asus should review it
15. Network Drop several times (While giving Hotspot to other devices) and in standby mode... And it was fixed after restarting or turn on airplane mode but after several times again it problem was started... Asus should also review it and fix it.
All viewers (Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Users), please share this post to Every users and reach this post to Asus Developers and Moderators...
Thank you
Tarun Dalai
Please Moderators see this
@Victor01_ASUS, @Christine_ASUS @Christine@Christine@Christine, @ARP_ASUS @ARP@ARP, @Anders_ASUS,@Laura_ASUS, @CH_ASUS, @Titan_ASUS, @kikoly, @Mister, @Y_ASUS
66 REPLIES 66

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Tarundalai1999

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120328#Comment_120328

@Christine_ASUS when i switched from rear camera to front camera... And while i using flash light from rear camera, when i click a image from rear camera the flash was glows at that time... But in front facing camera the flash was glowing continuously while i am not clicking an image from front camera...

Or

Simply, when i switched to front facing camera... When i turn on the flash for front camera, the flashlight was continuously glows weather i was not clicking an image from front camera... That's abug

View post
Judging by your second explanation,it could be a design choice but we have to wait until October 11 because @Christine_ASUS is on a leave for moon festival and all the other moderator's respond like bots so we won't get any answers from the moderators if it is a bug or not until October 11.

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
dibyarupprk2011

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120436#Comment_120436

Did many times!

View post
Quickstep launcher on your build is faulty. And this has been in every beta build as you say. Peculiar Bug.
Try lawnchair2 from playstore but you would lose out on gesture navigation but if in it the black homepage issue resolves and it gives you peace of mind do give it a try.
Empty app drawer some have reported is due to restarting of quickstep launcher when it's booted out of memory. Mine is 3gb only so when i open many apps and then play COD and return to home app drawer is blank for a second as quickstep restart you can even notice it in the dev options/ running process and the on time being seconds away. Full charging phone to 100 resolves many restart issues as android system and system ui reset and consume less ram. This works for 3gb ram best. 4gb and above needn't worry .
Tarundalai1999

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120328#Comment_120328

@Christine_ASUS when i switched from rear camera to front camera... And while i using flash light from rear camera, when i click a image from rear camera the flash was glows at that time... But in front facing camera the flash was glowing continuously while i am not clicking an image from front camera...

Or

Simply, when i switched to front facing camera... When i turn on the flash for front camera, the flashlight was continuously glows weather i was not clicking an image from front camera... That's abug

View post
Leave stock cam and move to gcams.
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1093/
This one works best for me. Latest gcam port for RazerPhone2. Oddly BSG ports for RP2 always works good on mine.

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
Anandu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120603#Comment_120603

Quickstep launcher on your build is faulty. And this has been in every beta build as you say. Peculiar Bug.

Try lawnchair2 from playstore but you would lose out on gesture navigation but if in it the black homepage issue resolves and it gives you peace of mind do give it a try.

Empty app drawer some have reported is due to restarting of quickstep launcher when it's booted out of memory. Mine is 3gb only so when i open many apps and then play COD and return to home app drawer is blank for a second as quickstep restart you can even notice it in the dev options/ running process and the on time being seconds away. Full charging phone to 100 resolves many restart issues as android system and system ui reset and consume less ram. This works for 3gb ram best. 4gb and above needn't worry .

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120605#Comment_120605

Leave stock cam and move to gcams.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/changelog1093/

This one works best for me. Latest gcam port for RazerPhone2. Oddly BSG ports for RP2 always works good on mine.

View post
Mine is 6gb i too face empty app drawer sometimes.. this quickstep is not at all optimised for our device. Thus we fave so many issues.. if @Christine_ASUS forward to the team for optimising the quickstep it can solve

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
dibyarupprk2011

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120650#Comment_120650

Mine is 6gb i too face empty app drawer sometimes.. this quickstep is not at all optimised for our device. Thus we fave so many issues.. if @Christine_ASUS forward to the team for optimising the quickstep it can solve

View post
@Christine_ASUS is on a leave for moon festival until 11 October but he have said that he have forwarded the issue to the developers

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120693#Comment_120693

@Christine_ASUS is on a leave for moon festival until 11 October but he have said that he have forwarded the issue to the developers

View post
Not this particular issue!