This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the memory reserved for the GPU in UM431DA

jcea
Star I
This is a UM431DA, BIOS 3.01 (It came with 3.0, I just upgraded, I still can't find anything relevant), Ryzen 3700U RAM: 16GB . Booting Linux I see that the GPU is taking 2GB of RAM away. I am not a gamer and my GPU needs are tiny. I would rather prefer to configure the BIOS to reduce that reservation and preserve RAM for my actual needs (CPU).
Other laptops allow changing the GPU reservation via the BIOS, sometimes thru hidden advanced menus. I don't see anything video related in this BIOS (version 3.01, released in Dec 2019), even in "advanced" menu, and I don't know if there are hidden menus accessible via a magical key combination.
HELP!
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
jcea

This is a UM431DA, BIOS 3.01 (It came with 3.0, I just upgraded, I still can't find anything relevant), Ryzen 3700U RAM: 16GB . Booting Linux I see that the GPU is taking 2GB of RAM away. I am not a gamer and my GPU needs are tiny. I would rather prefer to configure the BIOS to reduce that reservation and preserve RAM for my actual needs (CPU).

Other laptops allow changing the GPU reservation via the BIOS, sometimes thru hidden advanced menus. I don't see anything video related in this BIOS (version 3.01, released in Dec 2019), even in "advanced" menu, and I don't know if there are hidden menus accessible via a magical key combination.

HELP!

How to change the memory reserved for the GPU in UM431DA
read the user manual of your laptop model.
or search service manual of your laptop model in Google search.
you might find the steps

jcea
Star I
I have tried. The user manual downloaded from ASUS website has nothing relevant and I have been unable to find the service manual online.
Anybody know how to enter into "hidden/advanced" mode in the firmware?
Thanks.