This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

joshua_aquino18
Star III
screenshot-20200929-235333622.jpg
Why my rog3 global version 12/512 before update it ok the bttery life but the update release the battery is so fast to drain and the battery i did format but nothing change please help me anyone Dev pls because in my rog2 finally ok no more prob in.battery and no more heat isue in my rog3 the battery and pls the accurate in the battery usage how we found if what apps that can drain in oue phone i hope dev read this thank you

blocksterz
Star II
All I want is to bring AirTriggers touch back to 8-10 taps per second option as it was before !!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
blocksterz

All I want is to bring AirTriggers touch back to 8-10 taps per second option as it was before !!

View post
That option helped users get banned in certain games. That is for sure not the intention.
AirTriggers are there to help ease of control and ergonomics, but not intended for advanced way of cheating with resulting bans from game services.

After the latest update , bypass charging stopped working in my device , I've tried turning it on/off several times but it still charges my battery while playing pubg. Please fix this issue , it was really helpful.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
sohailmahmood30

After the latest update , bypass charging stopped working in my device , I've tried turning it on/off several times but it still charges my battery while playing pubg. Please fix this issue , it was really helpful.

View post
I am not able to reproduce that. Did you try restarting the device? Perhaos also try to clear your GameGenie and PowerMaster app cache (do note that this will also revert all settings to default).

The app 'Bypass Charging' is used on must also be in the foreground