This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever get vowifi support in zenfone 5z

adityadas086
Star I
It is frustrating that a flagship phone doesn't have features that all the midrangers even cheap phones have today. Asus didn't even provide support for vodafone volte and vilte. Every midrange phone have these features i just want to ask asus will they ever considering giving these features? I can surely tell if they don't this will be my last asus phone ever.
68 REPLIES 68

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
k.devashish

screenshot-20200930-073948734.jpg

Another update and still no VoWifi.. seems like will have to switch brands.. shame, I really liked 5Z..

View post
There is no final decision regarding vowifi in india ASUS is investigating the fact until what the process been done so no final words for now asus global is still discussing with asus india
Please be patient and hope for some positive response from ASUS side
Thanks🤞!

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ammzul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116731#Comment_116731

Dear @Anders_ASUS ,

It's been 4 working days and almost 5 calendar days since you had sent email to ASUS India, asking for the status update on VoWIFI support with carrier Reliance Jio.

Any response, from them yet? To be Honest, does this response / update take 4 working days to respond?

@Blake_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @AnthonyLee_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Victor01_ASUS

@Abhinav @amitgarde3 @aamod.v8 @adityapruthi2001 @Sasank @JACKSPARROW @vitorgn @vkk178 @adityadas086 @Debasish Sahoo @robinjos @subhojit.dey @sidarya31 @elizednicolas0329 @CachexxCookies @apurbadas24a @maiya.raviraj @hkumar73 @defylimitations @Chintan Devganiya @annuraja01 @Averan @Abhishek9802576260@gmail.com @gtnvvsunil9999

View post
I've been updated about our process to get VoWiFi working with Jio and I can tell you that it is still very much ongoing, so there's no need to worry. The only comment I can make regarding the information you got from Jio is that it is not correct and let's leave it at that.
Now, getting VoWifi is not as easy as flipping a switch as there are still tests that need to be completed before Jio can approve 5z for VoWifi. I can't say how long this will take as that depends on the outcome of these tests but now you know at least that we haven't forgotten about you.
I won't make any further statement regarding this question as the only thing we can do now, is to wait and see what happens.
Thanks!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120034#Comment_120034

I've been updated about our process to get VoWiFi working with Jio and I can tell you that it is still very much ongoing, so there's no need to worry. The only comment I can make regarding the information you got from Jio is that it is not correct and let's leave it at that.

Now, getting VoWifi is not as easy as flipping a switch as there are still tests that need to be completed before Jio can approve 5z for VoWifi. I can't say how long this will take as that depends on the outcome of these tests but now you know at least that we haven't forgotten about you.

I won't make any further statement regarding this question as the only thing we can do now, is to wait and see what happens.

Thanks!

View post
Thankss for hopeful update n following up this issue with more attention this was all possible only because of you sir meansalot to us sir😊👍
Thankyou😊

ammzul
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120034#Comment_120034

Thanks!

View post
Dear Mr. @Anders_ASUS ,
Thank you for your efforts. I truly acknowledge and appreciate it.
I did again re-check with my ex-colleagues of Jio & Airtel (few minutes back) on VoWIFI support on Asus Handsets (...more specifically ZenFone 5Z). Since you have decided to leave it at "THAT", I would also prefer to leave it at "THAT".
While I completely appreciate the efforts that you had taken to share this information about the progress, I would like to bring up that - a. we know that, it will not take flip of a switch to activate VoWIFI on Zenfone 5Z; at the same time, it should not also take 9+ months to make the switch flip.
ASUS currently has a basket of maximum of 5 active handsets (ROG 2, ROG 3, 6Z, 5Z & ZenFone 7). If we cannot have the operator's support (Airtel & Jio) for these 5 handsets even after 9 months, that makes me feel that we are not doing justice to the BRAND. I do not wish to compare it with any BRAND.
I still keep following up this issue because of the goodwill and passion that I have for brand ASUS. I had been using ASUS products since 2001 (from Computer Motherboards all the way up to now)!
ASUS is known for quality and specifications. ASUS is known for CLASS. ASUS is known for durability. ASUS is known for excellent brand & service support.
Please do mark these as a token of appreciation and keep up the good work. Even I don't really intend to discuss this VoWIFI topic any further beyond this & now!