This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging connected device via USB

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Idk but this android system notification suddenly popped up in my notification panel n is not going away
My device isn't connected to anything n suddenly it popped up outta nowhere
screenshot-20200924-203842298.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
The CPU seems to be spiking because of a bug with the latest version of Google Play Store. It's affecting several models, 
ROG included. We're following up on this.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

The CPU seems to be spiking because of a bug with the latest version of Google Play Store. It's affecting several models, 

ROG included. We're following up on this.

View post
Did u even try to read my problem?

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Hello? @Anders_ASUS
I can charge through side port but unable to charge from bottom port
If i switch off my phone n connect charger to bottom port than it charges but when i turn my device on it stops charging...

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Swaraj

Hello? @Anders_ASUS

I can charge through side port but unable to charge from bottom port

If i switch off my phone n connect charger to bottom port than it charges but when i turn my device on it stops charging...

View post
Sorry about ARPs "too fast didn't read" response 🙂
I can log your device but I know you don't want to. My best guess is still that you have a faulty motherboard. The reson why it charges while it's turned off is because it doesn't do as many security checks as when the system is turned on. But the root cause is hardware, not that there's anything wrong with the security check since it's there for a reason.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119387#Comment_119387

Sorry about ARPs "too fast didn't read" response 🙂

I can log your device but I know you don't want to. My best guess is still that you have a faulty motherboard. The reson why it charges while it's turned off is because it doesn't do as many security checks as when the system is turned on. But the root cause is hardware, not that there's anything wrong with the security check since it's there for a reason.

View post
This " Faulty Hardware Response" is the very reason why i lost my trust from asus team @Anders_ASUS
That persistent android system notification as shown in above screenshot was already draining my battery.
Yesterday what i did was plugged the phone to charger to bottom port (phone wasn't charging bcuz of bug) as my side port can charge my phone without any problem.
And then i restarted my device with charger plugged in and when my device successfully restarted it asked me for pattern to access features and data.
I inputted my correct pattern n it gave me error saying "wrong pattern" even after using correct pattern (am 100000.....% sure my pattern wasn't wrong) but it was bug.
Tried in safe mode, still no use.
Had to finally hard reset my device outta frustration n there also for security it asked me previous pattern
I inputted my pattern n it still kept saying "wrong pattern" so i went with signing up with Google account n i was successfully able to setup my device from scratch bcuz it didn't let me restore backup unless i had to input pattern, which ofc wasn't working.
Now my device is charging well from bottom port without any problems.
The internet connection of 4g i pmed u is also working for now.
The only thing i noticed is battery is still draining n there are lots of fps drops.
Vibration is not strong as it was before in a9
Rest everything is working fine now.
So anders after comprehending my problem, do you still want to say its faulty motherboard?
We all know n you also know it very well that its software problem.
Please change your software engineers as they are of no good.
They don't even test their software before issuing fota which caused havoc of cpu spikes and the fix for that cpu spike fota caused this "unable to charge issue from bottom port"
So if others who are facing problem like me, try hard reset it will fix the problem bcuz according to asus " new fota = factory reset"