This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Vivobook x512u UEFI password reset

D4rkn37
Star II
Hello, i have big problem 1 year ago IT guy reinstall windows and set UEFI admin user password now i want reinstall windows and cant acces bios with admin rights or BOOT from USB how can i reset that password without laptop disband. i search and read 3 hours in google cant find solution for this case. Recovery password (ALT+R. ALT+R+F9) not work its not change to recovery password for masster password reset with special date YYYY-MM-DD
14 REPLIES 14

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
D4rkn37

Hello, i have big problem 1 year ago IT guy reinstall windows and set UEFI admin user password now i want reinstall windows and cant acces bios with admin rights or BOOT from USB how can i reset that password without laptop disband. i search and read 3 hours in google cant find solution for this case. Recovery password (ALT+R. ALT+R+F9) not work its not change to recovery password for masster password reset with special date YYYY-MM-DD

Asus Vivobook x512u UEFI password reset
currently user can't reset bios password.
two solutions are there.
1. meet same IT guy who set password, ask him to remove the password.
2. Bios chip must be flashed to bios firmware again with special type of Device, so contact service center.

D4rkn37
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36865/asus-vivobook-x512u-uefi-password-reset

currently user can't reset bios password.

two solutions are there.

1. meet same IT guy who set password, ask him to remove the password.

2. Bios chip must be flashed to bios firmware again with special type of Device, so contact service center.

View post
i cant meet that guy he say i dont set any password and ignoring that fact xD
-
any other way? what about secret hotkeys for asus vivobook series ?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello D4rkn37,
If you can not find the original password, please send your device to service center.
Thank you.

D4rkn37
Star II
here is no service centers 😞 i think here is PRO forum but its wrong. so stupid answers :((((((